TCCoA Forums banner

61 - 80 of 156 Posts

·
Stroked and Blown
2,395 Posts
I was attending college. I was in an algebra class and then a speech class when all of that happened. During break between classes, several students were around the tv in the student lounge, which was tuned to CNN.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Man... you guys got to start learning that if a mod says something like that, that's because they already had to get rid of something. :rofl:

Oh, and while on the topic, if you see that and one of your posts wasn't deleted, then you aren't the one being yelled at. ;)

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
I had just reported to the Kitty Hawk forward Deployed to Yokosuka Japan, in July of that year. Being overseas, the days are ahead. I had just celebrated my Birthday (12SEP75), was in bed, and my wife woke me up, seemed her sister outside Tokyo was watching the news, I ran downstairs and thought it was a movie, had to turn on AFN news to get the real deal, that was about the time the 2nd jet hit tower 2. From then, I called the ship, recall... Get your butt on the ship I was told and to pack a bag...

Wife dropped me off and we got underway the next week, after being locked down for about a week, with being allowed to go home only to get necessities.

Later that month, we were dropping special forces, SEALS, and Air Force Medics off in CH-47's and Hueys in Afghanistan.

I hope everyone had thier flags out today, and what really made an impact on me was all the support even to this day, I appreciate it as do all the Marines and Soldiers that I have run across, when I first joined support wasn't always there.

·
Street Freekz
754 Posts
_95badbird said:
anyone watch the 9-11 movie on 13, or see/hear the President talk?

good stuff.

The President is on CNN again.......that's what I'm listening to since I missed his original Presidential Address earlier.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
walked out of the shower just after the first plane hit. I had to leave for class soon. I first thought some assclown in a cessna got stupid, then I saw the second plane. I listened to AM radio all the way to class and heard the 5 gon got hit. As soon as I got to campus I tried to find a TV since none of the faculty in the A&L building knew what was happening. I Remember sprinting across campus to the UC to see the towers collapse. I found my prof and heard classes were cancelled. I still had to drive down to the Univ of Miami campus to pick up my Blues from the AFROTC Detatchment. The building was ropped off and parking spots were blocked off. The door to the Det office and the "Hangar" were both locked, after identifying myself and being let in, the Supply NCO told me to "take that ****in shirt off" - my old JROTC t shirt. I couldnt pick up my blues and remembered driving home on I95 and seeing all the info signs saying that flights at MIA and Ft Laud were all grounded. It was just a strange feeling, we were civilian clothes for the next month while in ROTC class.

as for my rememberance, I conduct everyday as "business at usual". I dont let those compulsory beard wearing, carpet jockey, camel ****er assclowns disrput my way or life and daily regiment. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that my tax dollars fund the most badassical group of asskickers on the planet, noone can blow it up like the Dept of Defense. And i did don the Infidel shirt, as I do every week and I start out most mornings with the "Angry American" through the 930 watts in my trunk.
http://www.lifelibertyetc.com/product.aspx?pid=75

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
As we mourn the deaths and sacrifices of our brave men and women, we ask God's mercy and love for the families and friends and all who were touched by this tragedy.

Let us never forget both individually and as a nation that we were attacked by people who want us dead. There should be no boundary left uncrossed in the effort to prevent such happenings from being repeated.

Amen.

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
I will never forget that, i was home sick from school and was flipping through the channels, i was watching it on CNN and then the second plane hit. One of the worst days i can remember, not knowing what was going on or what would happen next.

God Bless all those who perished this day 6 years ago, you are gone but never forgotten.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Wow, Its been 6 years? Time Flies.

As for this day, can't or won't forget it.

It was My Birthday in Japan, so they are 13 hours in advance, and I was settling down for bed, when the phone rang and my sister in law saw it on T.V. Came downstairs and checked it out, it was all in Japanese, thought it was a movie, so I turned on AFN on the Radio.

We were immediately all recalled to the ship, on lock down. Was that way for 3 days. Then out to sea we went to use some 30 year old Ordnance.

When the Bunker Hill sent off the first Tomahawk, My Teddy was born.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
9 - 11

Well said Sir William...................thanks.

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
As we mourn the deaths and sacrifices of our brave men and women, we ask God's mercy and love for the families and friends and all who were touched by this tragedy.

Let us never forget both individually and as a nation that we were attacked by people who want us dead. There should be no boundary left uncrossed in the effort to prevent such happenings from being repeated.

Amen.

can't say anything else, so i'm stealing your quote.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
I will never forget that one of my friends from HS worked for Cantor Fitzgerald

I started working in the city on wall street after that ... I used to walk by that Deutsche bank building everyday it was really bad even before they started taking it down

·
Super Moderator
11,875 Posts
Prayer for the Dead

Eternal rest, grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May the souls of the faithful departed through the mercy of God rest in peace. Amen.

A prayer to Saint Michael the Archangel, patron saint of Policemen and Soldiers

Saint Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host -
by the Divine Power of God -
cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits,
who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.

Amen.
--------------------------------------------------------------

And the fight goes on against Terrorism.

In May I learned of the death of a former high school classmate of mine (see sig.) on the battlefield of the Afgan/Pakistan boarder. Given that I travel extensively with work; by the grace of God I was home at the time and able to attend his funeral with a surprising number of former classmates.

God Bless all those that perished on this day and God Bless those that carry on the fight to eliminate this scourge from every corner of the earth every day.

61 - 80 of 156 Posts