TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone modified the trunk lights on a 1995 TBird to blink sequentially for turn signals like the 1968 Cougars use to do?

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
it could probably be done, by removing the LED's inside, and drilling some holes for some new lights(like 1156's or 1157's), then wirring them up to blink sequentialy. And how to wire that part up, I have no idea.

·
Registered
157 Posts
The only ones that have "made" them are at www.redneckrides.com
I haven't heard of anyone actually buying a set though.
The circuit itself is not hard to create, but finding a good way to mount them in the tail lights is tricky.

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
How did that work, was it an option?

-Joel

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
i can vouch for VicRattlehead, his tbird did come with sequential lights

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
I am confused.

-Joel

·
Registered
95 Posts
alpinebird96 said:
The only ones that have "made" them are at www.redneckrides.com
I haven't heard of anyone actually buying a set though.
The circuit itself is not hard to create, but finding a good way to mount them in the tail lights is tricky.
Anybody know an affordable alternative to this? Those looks so cool! Not $330 cool though.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Everybody wants something for nothin it seems. they see something really cool and low volume production, want it, and when they sticker price hits them it's time to ***** and moan what a ripoff the SOB is. :rofl:

·
Sweet T
3,452 Posts
I still don't know how they got the damn tail lights apart. I guess that's what part of the 300 bucks pays for... The circuit itself shouldn't be that hard to build (might take an afternoon or two), but getting the tail lights apart? That's something else entirely... Mine almost look like they've been plastic welded together...

·
Registered
645 Posts
330.00 plus shipping does not include the housings. That's what killed me ever getting any. You have to cut open your old housings, install the LEDs and then put it back together. There used to be a big discussion about this on the old gtbird forums.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Well I'm not saying their kit is a good deal. lol

And yea I know you've got to hack open your own reflectors so they just give you directions on cutting them open I guess. It just cracks me up whenever people see something cool and custom and they all want it for themselves but when the guy isn't willing to churn it out at chinese slave labor prices he's ripping people off or something.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well, come one $330 is a bit excessive. I can't imagine it's seriously THAT difficult to make, if you have the know how. I'm willing to pay for the know how but that just seems really excessive...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts