TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://autoholics.com/2012/08/29/-Mitsubishi-Eclipse-on-30s-658136?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=083012+GUNK+Eclipse+on+30s&utm_content=083012+GUNK+Eclipse+on+30s+Version+A+CID_22c6cb72346abb5ceb0640e50cf78e27&utm_source=CD+email+newsletter&utm_term=img2

I was in Florida last winter I saw some idiot with a 97 cougar donked like the car above. This fool had to use a frikken step ladder to get into the car. I he gave me a head nod when he accomplished the feat. I thought all he needed was six horses, a covered top and a pack of indians chasing him......

·
Registered
101 Posts
http://autoholics.com/2012/08/29/-Mitsubishi-Eclipse-on-30s-658136?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=083012+GUNK+Eclipse+on+30s&utm_content=083012+GUNK+Eclipse+on+30s+Version+A+CID_22c6cb72346abb5ceb0640e50cf78e27&utm_source=CD+email+newsletter&utm_term=img2

I was in Florida last winter I saw some idiot with a 97 cougar donked like the car above. This fool had to use a frikken step ladder to get into the car. I he gave me a head nod when he accomplished the feat. I thought all he needed was six horses, a covered top and a pack of indians chasing him......
Unfortunately, the whole idea that bigger and shinier wheels is better and an indicator of "SWAG" makes giant wheels popular among the "Ghetto" culture.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately, the whole idea that bigger and shinier wheels is better and an indicator of "SWAG" makes giant wheels popular among the "Ghetto" culture.
I'd say it's mostly more country than ghetto. Most I see doing that dumb $#% are from the south.

·
Registered
139 Posts
If it was driving over and crushing other cars-cool maybe?

Watch out Grave Digger!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
The cars look like toys LOL

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Odd use of time and money aside, did anyone else notice the rear diff on the rear axle of this eclipse?
Eclipses were by default FWD with only a few of them being AWD.
The engine also looks stock for something but doesn't look like any 2G Eclipse engine I've ever seen.

I noticed that they had some crazy extension so that the factory steering column can attach to the steering rack on the front axle but the presence of a rear dif (and what appears to be a shaft to connect it to the rear diff) threw me off.

This could very well be just an 2G eclipse body on some american RWD car frame. Even if you don't like the end result (like me and almost every other person over 6yrs old), the fabrication work to make this thing actually work (note i didn't say work "well") is kind of interesting.

-g

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Somebody around where i live has done that to a 99-04 mustang.. Its terrible! U dont do that to a sports car.. A big no no in my eyes.. And to make matters worse, its a GT they done it too! Rediculousness & waste of money. Im sure with the amount of $$ the guy spent to do that to that GT, they could of used that to add a poweradder and a dyno tune instead of a lift and huge rims.. Makes me wanna slap em like a little b****.

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
I'd love to see one of these roll over.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Odd use of time and money aside, did anyone else notice the rear diff on the rear axle of this eclipse?
Eclipses were by default FWD with only a few of them being AWD.
The engine also looks stock for something but doesn't look like any 2G Eclipse engine I've ever seen.

I noticed that they had some crazy extension so that the factory steering column can attach to the steering rack on the front axle but the presence of a rear dif (and what appears to be a shaft to connect it to the rear diff) threw me off.

This could very well be just an 2G eclipse body on some american RWD car frame. Even if you don't like the end result (like me and almost every other person over 6yrs old), the fabrication work to make this thing actually work (note i didn't say work "well") is kind of interesting.

-g
That looks identical to a 305/350 setup in a 91, 92 or 93 Caprice.

Ask me how I know :tongue:

·
Registered
839 Posts
and a pack of indians chasing him......
Pack of indians chasing him? Where we at? India? We are called Native Americans..I personally am a member of the Oglala Sioux Tribe.. One of the tribes that helped defeat general custer at little big horn, Im sorry to go waaay out of subject and maybe you arent meaning anything by the above comment but we never just randomly chased wagons lol... They came onto our land... Killed our people with blankets covered in small pox...killed our only source of food,clothing & tools (buffalo) Litterally tried to eliminate us, So if anything they deserved to be chased lol.:D

now back onto the subject, That is just disgusting! i seen a fbody camaro like that at last years sturgis rally and thought that it was just plain fugly!!

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pack of indians chasing him? Where we at? India? We are called Native Americans..I personally am a member of the Oglala Sioux Tribe.. One of the tribes that helped defeat general custer at little big horn, Im sorry to go waaay out of subject and maybe you arent meaning anything by the above comment but we never just randomly chased wagons lol... They came onto our land... Killed our people with blankets covered in small pox...killed our only source of food,clothing & tools (buffalo) Litterally tried to eliminate us, So if anything they deserved to be chased lol.:D

I meant no discrespect. now I feel $**ty

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Mostly the "brothers" around here who are doing it and they live in the city. I see a lime green caprice with 2 foot high 22" lettering on the side doors. Most of the cars have more money in the paint and wheels than the car itself.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
I think big wheels will eventually go away just like vinyl tops, white walls, car bras, under car neon, front bench seats and fins.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I think big wheels will eventually go away just like vinyl tops, white walls, car bras, under car neon, front bench seats and fins.
I think <20" will survive on cars while 22/24" are a "good" size for trucks and suv's. Anything more then that will hopefully die off along with 22"+ on jacked up cars/26+ on suvs.

What I hate are suv's that have 24's with rubber bands when they can easily fit some good meat on em'.

·
Registered
320 Posts
20" are the largest rims which are appealing on a T-bird or Cougar in my opinion, any increase in diameter there-after is just rediculous and impractical. Also, raising a cars' center of gravity sacrifices both cornering and handling as I've learned from experiance. My father used to own a shop and we'd do the smog and safety inspections for the local used car dealers. One merchant specialized in trucks raised to the point my 6' frame could almost literally walk under them. On corners rated for 20mph I would have to slow to 10 in order to avoid tipping over. In my bird, however, I can take a 20mph corner at 2x the speed.
The wheels' I'll be later investing in are 20's for it's the only size this brand and model of rim is availiable in.
http://www.wheelwarehouse.com/p-4460-boss-wheels-boss-340-black.aspx

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Damn! They even put a chevy 350 in it! Looks like it runs rough! I would love to see the underside of that thing. Ridiculous though!

·
Super Moderator
16,819 Posts
20s work with GFX on these cars. Without them they start to take on a Donk flavor. Dynamically they're still pointless though. Unless you can get 15" brakes under them lol

·
Registered
320 Posts
Whenever someone even mentions putting 20's on a Thunderbird..I think of this..lol

[email protected]!

Rayo..
No,no,no,no,no I killed the bus drive...oh wait; no, those are 24's XD. Good render though.;) But, let's not dismiss the fact that there some members of TCCoA who do have 20" wheels installed in a fashion that is tastefull, and appealing which illicit a sense of styling associated with recent model European performance sports coupe's and sedans such as the 'I' series by BMW or Audi's A4-A8. That is if the car is done in a manner were everything harmoniously compliments' one another.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts