TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Im posting in the wrong forum site however Ive asked elsewhere and have gotten know where.

Heres the situation,
I got a 97 hyundia accent GT (I know didnt thing that was possible GT) well the belt got smoked and is no longer on. I've gone too autobone, and a local auto supplier. Well both belts are not fitting properly. I've tried google trying to find a diagram, because its not on the car itself and have gotten know where. Can anyone point me in the right direction for this? From what I've seen its supposed to go around the crank, water pump and the alternator and the alternator is the pivot point to tighten the belt. If anyone is able to help that would be awesome. I need to get this car out of my driveway STAT. Thanks

·
Registered
484 Posts
find a repair manual/ or call a dealer sometimes you get a nice enough mechanic from the dealer thell print you out a digram off of alldata( the repair system most mechanics use)

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Draw you a little diagram; doesn't need to be to scale, just put all the pulleys in their relative positions. Mark whether it's a smooth or ribbed pulley. Trace out different configurations until one looks reasonable; there shouldn't be very many ways it can go. As long as the smooth side of the belt is on the smooth pulleys, and the ribbed side is on the ribbed pulleys, everything will be spinning the right direction.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys, I've come to the conclusion Im doing ti right and the computer is telling them the car is requiring the wrong belt

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Just so you know, the part number of the belt denotes the length. Some brands are in millimeters, some in inches. The first 1 or 2 numbers will be the number of ribs (8 or 08 for an 8-rib belt). The remaining numbers are the length.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts