TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
That is your check engine light or CEL, the reason it is on is because your computer is throwing codes saying whats wrong with your car, usually things along the lines of emisions, to avoid the $99 (putting up with you fee) that ford will charge to scan it and tell you why its doing it and estimate how much it will cost to fix.. just drive down to autozone and ask them to scan it for you and print out a report of what the code or codes are and why... bring these codes back to us here on TCCOA and we will help diagnose them further (or at least I will) :D

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Light is on intermitantly

I went to the "Zone" and the guy ( highly experienced, trained, automotive technition) said he couldn't do an error scan if the "light" wasn't on. I didn't think this was the case, but he wanted to argue the point and it was his error checker box thingy.:confused:

·
Registered
294 Posts
tell him to just scan it. if it throws no code, then the problem fixes itself each time...or it is an intermittent problem and comes and goes. How long does the light stay on when it does come on?

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
go to a different location and tell them "yes the check engine light IS on...can you please put the code scanner on it" lol

if he/she offers insight, listen if you like, but take it with a grain of salt.....but definitely make a written note of all codes that pop up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts