TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How do I set cylinder no. 1 at 26 degrees after top dead center of the compression stroke? I know to rotate the engine with a wrench in the direction of engine rotation, but I don't know how to determine no. 1 cylinder position.

I am getting ready to replace my camshaft sensor and synchronizer assembly. This procedure is described in the Haynes manual on pages 5-10~5-11.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Remove the 1# spark plug and put your thumb/finger over the hole hole while rotating the engine, when you feel pressure you are starting the compression stroke and keep rotating the engine until the Notch on the harmonic Balancer is inline with the pointer on the timing chain cover, thats 26* ATDC on the compression stroke.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rancherlee said:
Remove the 1# spark plug and put your thumb/finger over the hole hole while rotating the engine, when you feel pressure you are starting the compression stroke and keep rotating the engine until the Notch on the harmonic Balancer is inline with the pointer on the timing chain cover, thats 26* ATDC on the compression stroke.
Thanks!, rancherlee. I'll check that out in the morning.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts