TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I figured you guys (and gals) might want to see what I have been up to. Well for those of you that have been here the garage has completely changed faces. The oil furnace now runs and the collection of misc thunderbird parts that once buried my garage floor is mostly gone. I built a loft down one side with stairs, an office and a special clean room for the bonder. The place is still a little messed up due to construction, but is coming together nicely. We stayed up all night last tuesday for a 7am truck shipment of equipment. We had to take Darrin's trailor up to get it all and we had a full load. In all we took 3 red ford pickups. An 89 F250 an 01 F150 and my ranger. My ranger held alot of the small stuff like the lathe chuck and the faceplate. None of the boxes would fit in it with the cap on.
My buddy John had a couple crates in the back of his truck.

We had a full load on the trailor however.

The Massive Victor 1640B lathe was the first Item we removed. It needs to be cleaned up a bit and finish wired but will be ready tomorrow. I'll get a better pic of it when it's all cleaned up. Then we removed the torque converter weld aligner. I couldn't believe the size of the welding source for this thing. Duke energy will love me.

The leak tester came out easy as it was the lightest part. It was meant to be put on a short table or something, but since I do not have water in the garage I put wheels and legs on it so it could be rolled to the door for cleaning out. This is alot nicer than the unit I was used to using. You can actually submerge the converter as apposed to just running soapy water over it.

The balancer is one heavy piece of equipment. I do not have it functioning yet I am installing a factory type internal phase converter on it which should arrive this week. I have 3 phase but this unit is on the other side of the garage behind a protected wall for accuracy. Tig fields can damage accuracy of these type of sensitive units.

The bonder was quite heavy as well. i have never used a bonder quite like this one it seems to be a very nice setup. The one I used for years was air operated with aluminum dies which dissapate heat faster and warm faster. This unit is hydraulically operated and has steel dies which are supposed to heat more evenly.

The last picture I have for the day is the Tig welder I recently aquired. It needed a little work,but seems to operate very nicely.

More to come...

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Looks like you have a nice setup going on there. I think you're going to be a busy man after it's all said and done. Congrats!

Jay

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
driller said:
I don't know where you're gonna put it all! :tongue:

Hope to see it before spring. ;)

It's actually all in place once we get the construction materials out of the way I'll try to get a shot from the end showing the setup. Yeah we need to get together and figure out when to do this. I should have the stuff very soon. I'm having difficulties over the subframe I just haven't found any really good looking ones, the cost of steel is high so junkyards are scrapping everything.
If we don't talk before then Merry Christmas...that goes for everyone.
Alan

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
no sh!t...

up the homeowners policy, or get small business insurance

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
man I really need to get my stuff done and get over there. I'm doing a headgasket job on a guy's 00 stratus 2.4 DOHC for some cash to finish this tranny.
-Thomas

1 - 11 of 11 Posts