TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys just wondering what shades of blues would look good on a cougar? right now i have deep jewel green but it needs to go fast since it has quite a bit bodywork. i want a nice shade of blue not too dark, also not strictly ford i was liking GM's Dark cloissone blue something different. you know something that when the light shines gives the illusion of transparency and in the shadow is a little dark. will post a photoshop later and let me know what you think. thanks

edit: mods move to exterior if you wish.

·
Super Moderator
7,564 Posts
Viper blue? With extra metallic added to it maybe?

·
The Parts Guy
7,342 Posts
I've always been a fan of Ford's Twilight Blue Metallic. ;)

It kind of changes between a medium/dark metallic blue to almost black, depending on how the light hits it.

-Rod

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh yeah i know what you mean rod i have a v6 cougar blue max edition same color i believe ;) . viper blue? hm yeah thats a nice one well full cred goes to this persons car just dont remember whos it is im kind of noob when it comes to people. here is what im thinking...a nice shade of blue(need to decide which one) with a black stripe from the bumper to the hood. kind of like this:

·
Super Moderator
7,564 Posts
95RoaringCougar said:
oh yeah i know what you mean rod i have a v6 cougar blue max edition same color i believe ;) . viper blue? hm yeah thats a nice one well full cred goes to this persons car just dont remember whos it is im kind of noob when it comes to people. here is what im thinking...a nice shade of blue(need to decide which one) with a black stripe from the bumper to the hood. kind of like this:

That's a photoshop. That car is actually red.

Mike

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
yeah who's is the original red car just so they know im using it to figure out what i want with my car. i made the chop lol. :D :D :D

by the way what do you guys think of the chop i made? (not quality wise but scheme)

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
i like it, the blue needs some more metallic and it will be perfect.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
which one the photoshop or the gto? :confused: sorry i need some sleep ha ha. still im very open to new ideas,colors designs...red and black would also look killer too!!!

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
to to favorties are ford code km 94-98ish see my pictures of my car,
and i love the sonic blue on the newer stang, code sn

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
95RoaringCougar said:
which one the photoshop or the gto? :confused: sorry i need some sleep ha ha. still im very open to new ideas,colors designs...red and black would also look killer too!!!

the photoshop

·
The Parts Guy
7,342 Posts
jk89cat said:
to to favorties are ford code km 94-98ish see my pictures of my car
I like that color on Thunderbirds (that's the color of my 94 LX), but I've never thought that it looked right on a Cougar. Just my opinion.

-Rod

·
Registered
859 Posts
95RoaringCougar said:
yeah who's is the original red car just so they know im using it to figure out what i want with my car. i made the chop lol. :D :D :D

by the way what do you guys think of the chop i made? (not quality wise but scheme)
The original pic is of my car. BTW, the chop looks pretty good. *right click save as* Gave me some ideas for stripes.

There is a really cool looking Fox Cougar that goes to Cat Jam every year. Its painted with a Corvette Blue that really pops in the sun. His name is Cougarcrusin over on www.cougarnuts.com

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
thanks jc that is a good looking color...saw that vue again, and all i can say is damn! its a nice color in person...finally found out what its called too so ill go with either the gto color up top or the saturn... :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts