TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible for Thunderbirds to have a shaker hood setup like that of Mach 1s?

EDIT: I just did a search, is there any regulars here that have it done?

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I've never seen it on a Thunderbird. I don't think that it would be too difficult. I think that the shaker scoop just kinda bolts onto the intake manifold and then goes through the hood.

·
Automatic Weapon
1,219 Posts
1. Cut hole in hood

2. Bolt shaker intake on motor

3. Connect shaker intake to current MAF location.

4. Close hood

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
I put a post up awhile ago about doing this and I can spammed so bad about it.. I think it would be awesome!

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
1A) Get hood that would actually clear the intake

Big-Al said:
1. Cut hole in hood

2. Bolt shaker intake on motor

3. Connect shaker intake to current MAF location.

4. Close hood

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Thats what I was thinking. I don't think the shaker fits on the standard NPI or PI intake. I could be wrong though.

·
Automatic Weapon
1,219 Posts
Why would you need a bullett intake? You do not want to run air directly from the outside stright into your motor. You need the MAF a certain distance from the TB. A MachI set up is really the same as the old Cobra, it just runs an air duct from the air filter to the "shaker" which sits on top of the motor.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
I don't know about the Bullit intake. I do know the intake itself is too tall to clear a stock hood so you' have to cut out more than just the shaker or get a cowl hood. :)

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So you just got to cut a hole in the hood pretty much that will fit the shaker and all done?

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
And the rest of the intake that will stick above a stock hood...

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
the mach ones use the stock xx-99-xx year cobra intake manifold, i know this because my friend has a 99 cobra motor, and my boss has a 03 mach 1 and they are the same upper intake manifolds

the mach just doesnt have the shiny silver coating and no snake

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts

·
Resident Gun Guru
672 Posts
Since the day I saw this Shaker kit install on a 2000+, (unsure of the year), Mustang on Horse Power TV, I have thought this would be a great addition to my 97. Looks like it would just require minor modification to mount it in the T-Bird, the harder part would be hooking the air intake up properly, but I think the kit is plenty adaptable.................but it is a little pricey.........definately something I'd like to explore in the future........

1 - 17 of 17 Posts