TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just wanting to know, with possibly some slight modification, if a shaker assembly could be put in the hood... i think that would look frickin sweet. if anyone has any pics, or anything, i'd like to see.. and if not, could someone photochop it?:D

·
Premium Member
10,199 Posts
I've thought about it. I can guarantee that you would have to start with at least a Cowl hood. Those things require a lot of clearance. Just look a the hood on a Mach I. And the plumbing would be a nightmare, but I think it would look great if you could pull it off.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Wouldn't you have to plumb the air so that it would go in the scoop, over to the fender through the air filter so that it goes through the MAF sensor? It seems to me that all those bends would negate the whole point of having a scoop. How is it done on the Mach 1?

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
You've been talking to Joel, haven't you? :p

The shaker scoop is more for looks than anything. It would suck in outside air, but thats about all of the benefits.

·
Premium Member
9,337 Posts
The mach1 has a normal intake tube setup, but the top of the cone box has a hole in it where a tube goes up to the shaker scoop. Otherwise the filter still pulls air from the fender also. So the Mach1 scoop is, though functional, still useless.
-Thomas

·
Registered
516 Posts
Thomas said:
The mach1 has a normal intake tube setup, but the top of the cone box has a hole in it where a tube goes up to the shaker scoop. Otherwise the filter still pulls air from the fender also. So the Mach1 scoop is, though functional, still useless.
-Thomas

I agree totaly. And the hoods on those things are huge. Its like a cowl with the shaker sticking out of the top of it. The way I sit in a mustang, the Mach1 hood and shaker just simply is not a good thing. Looks good though. Also in my opinion the should have put a nice cam in those to make it shake at idle. The only time I saw it even move was when I could stomp on it. (When there was no sideways motion either. :D )

·
Premium Member
10,199 Posts
yea, good point. If a person goes to the trouble of putting a "shaker scoop" on a car, the least it can do is shake!

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lmao. yeah, i mainly wanted the aesthetics of it, and i wanted to be able to use the bullet shaped intake box. with the conical filters. this isnt a project too soon to come, but it will happen. if i dont mess my engine up.... yeah, upper radiator hose collapsed on me....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.