TCCoA Forums banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I'll slap some mirrors on my TANK and call it good! (y)

·
Super Moderator
12,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Sooooo.....don't be a pedestrian in front of one of these or else you're more likely to be killed?

The article also talks about trucks and SUVs tipping / flipping over. One of Tesla's safety points is that they are very difficult to tip or flip over. Look at the Model X. This is of course because of the battery packs being at the bottom of the vehicle, which in turn makes the center of gravity being much lower than an equivalent class vehicle. I wouldn't be surprised if the same would be true of the Cybertruck.

As for me, I like the Cybertruck. If I am in a position to buy one by the time they come out, I'd likely buy one.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
16,986 Posts
Ugly and Dangerous: https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/elon-musk-s-cybertruck-built-dystopian-future-will-it-work-ncna1094971

This article kind of states the obvious. Yes, the truck - in it's current configuration - will never see the streets.
Fitting the author of that dreck is named Marx.

I hate urbanists. 2/3rds the content of that article is just railing on automobiles in general, in which GFY, Paris. Your urban dream IS the Blade Runner dystopia.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Cybertruck will find its market but I highly doubt it will steal buisness from the big three. Fords F150 hybrid and full EV options will be rolling down the assembly line before Tesla even breaks ground on a truck assembly line. The Union contracts have already been signed. Not to mention GM, lordstown, bolinger, rivian, Workhorse etc who are all rolling out EV trucks. Tesla also makes BS claim like being able to buy a model 3 for 35K that never happened or that there semi can pull loads over 500 miles with current technology which other manufactures like Daimler who are also testing EV semi trucks are very skeptical of those claims as they basically defy physics. Tesla has been full of false promises. It will be interesting to watch the EV truck market unfold.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Relating to the semi truck itself....

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,516 Posts
I had no idea Tesla was working on a semi, however that really is the perfect market for an electric vehicle if you think about it. It will have tons of low end torque needed to pull the heavy loads, the cost per mile should be way cheaper, and since truckers legally have to stop every so often for breaks, if you were to put chargers at all the truck stops, the longer recharge times compared to refueling times wouldn’t actually slow them down at all.

·
Super Moderator
12,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Their semi is amazing. I was watching a video on TESLA last night and their future is very bright. They have a (very optimistic) something like 5 year share price target of $6,000. They do so much more than just cars. Even if they grow to only half or a third of this target price that's still tremendous yield.

I'm going to bite the bullet and pick some of their stock up at it's current price. I've sat this one out for far too long.

·
Super Moderator
12,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
They will eventually, but probably not for another 10 years. Full autotonmy is still at least a decade away.

·
Super Moderator
16,986 Posts
Blaaaaaaaaahhhhhh, we have a thread for stock market gobbledygook😴

Let’s keep this topic on Tesla cars!

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Blaaaaaaaaahhhhhh, we have a thread for stock market gobbledygook😴

Let’s keep this topic on Tesla cars!
Absolutely ON TOPIC. Tesla went up another $14 today. The topic is TESLA TRUCKS by the way, not cars, get your facts straight buddey

·
Registered
118 Posts
Musk and his team are nothing more than a group of charlatan's……. even phillips walked away from them after they burned up their $30m. Their tent mfg assembly line....the city of Fremont had it with them (illegal, non-permitted operation) forcing them to shut it down....all model 3 production is now to be made in China. As far as tech goes....they are so far behind every other mfg in the world...they are marketing themselves as if they are in the lead...and they have continuously sold this to their employees as well...including the 30+ executives who have left the company in just the immediate few years. Their most basic design in each vehicle is loaded with structural flaws...specifically with protection of the batteries..... there is no shielding underneath!!!!! This is a deadly environment for any passenger/driver.....and is so prominent a hazard, no independent tow company will tow (flatbed, etc.- including AAA nationally) any tesla because of this hazard....and that is why tesla has it's own "tow service"....and it's not included either....an additional fee...….car insurance ...the underwriters are now starting to recognize the inherient design flaws and hazards...… and adjusting their rates to the point...yes, Tesla has now formed their own auto insurance company.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Please pay no attention to Beechkid above. He knows not of what he speaks. Some of his statements don't even make logical sense. He might be a troll or he might just be repeating stuff he heard and did no research to verify. I can't tell which. Sorry.

·
Super Moderator
12,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
He probably tried to short their stock, got burnt and is bitter about it. :sneaky:

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
No short sellers here. Just honest Investors trying to make a couple dollars off everybody else. Its chump change bro, pennies in my pocket. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Hey Jason WW … I recognize your name .. you out of Arizona ??? Long time no chat buddy. :p:p:p:cool::cool::cool:;););)

I just cant remember ,is there a Mirror in my pocket or is it a Pu555y .. because Im making money on the side. LOL (y)(y)(y)

21 - 40 of 56 Posts