TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just woundering if anyone tried to put a shark fin antenna on their T-Bird? I'm currently researching it and trying to see how it would work. My antenna is annoying me, damn motor died and doesn't retract anymore so I'm thinking about just getting rid of it, plugging up the hole and putting a fin on my car.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
My antenna was dead ever since I bought my car, so when I was repainting it, I just took a ballpeen hammer and smashed the trim ring around it so it fell through, then dented the fender a little so I could make an even patch over the hole. Then I got XM radio and never looked back!

·
Registered
600 Posts
How do the shark fins work, I see them mostly on the german cars. Audis and what not, and where would you put one? Wouldn't it mess up the body lines a little to have a shark fin on the top of a T-Bird?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Just an option. I used one of these "hidden antennas" on my wife's Chrysler Concorde. The factory windshield antenna got messed up when I retinted the back window resulting in poor radio reception. I just stuck one of these up under the dash (touching no metal) and the radio reception was just as good if not better than what I had before. I was skeptical at first but desparity had me try anything - I was impressed with it. You can also find them on ebay.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pretty nifty looking thing there Unherd, going to give that a look definetly.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Sorry to resurrect and old thread but was wondering if anyone has tried this or found a better option than the stock antenna? (Hey, at least I didn't make a new thread on the same subject...right?)

Thanks!

·
Registered
740 Posts
I just got a U.P.R. Products 14" shorty antenna for Christmas, and I love it! LOL

·
Registered
379 Posts
I just got a U.P.R. Products 14" shorty antenna for Christmas, and I love it! LOL
Cool. Those look good-I checked out their website. You think the 6 inch would be less effective. Are they a direct fit for the T-Birds? I have a 95 with the automatic antenna if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

(no jokes here please...although there could be some good ones...) LOL

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Im pretty sure the "Shark Fin" on my GM vehicle is for OnStar ... not sure about other cars. A lot of these high end German cars have antennas in the windshield.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Cool. Those look good-I checked out their website. You think the 6 inch would be less effective. Are they a direct fit for the T-Birds? I have a 95 with the automatic antenna if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

(no jokes here please...although there could be some good ones...) LOL
Ahhhhh....It was a direct fit on my car because mine does not have the power antenna....I somehow missed that 'lil detail....LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts