TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinking about getting my car painted........and removing the molding. i was wondering if someone can post some pics of some birds with no side molding. i have a 95 with all the parts to do the 96-97 front end conversion. i also wondered what it would look like to paint the molding a different color than the car. thanks. also maybe some 96-97 front ends with clear corners.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
leave your front cover, do the headlamp/hood conversion. leave your side moudlings on , you leave your car very open to damge. and thats ALOT of panel for someone to destroy on you .

·
Resident drifter
649 Posts
the metal on the doors is pretty thick, Ive slapped plenty of cones while drifting after removing the horrible cladding on my 97 and havent recieved any dents from it.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
another door is a whole lot heavier than a cone .

·
Resident drifter
649 Posts
then park away from other cars. It all comes down to what you want your car to look like and making it stay that way. and cones at 60mph get heavy

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i had planned on leaving the front bumper cover as a 95. i like that style better. i have the hood....... which i might switch to a cowl hood.........header panel, lights, and hood release. all that plus one fender that was damaged for $90.00 at the you-pull-it yard near me.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
photoshop

kool pics.........now can someone photoshop it so i can see it in yellow, lol. also has anyone ever seen a bird in one solid color with a different color molding on it? just wondered how that would look.

·
Resident drifter
649 Posts
beautiful, man. hopefully I can get the holes in the side of my car from the cladding welded in soon to smooth it out like yours. I have no idea why ford thought the 96/97 cladding looked good, but so many of us got stuck with it and the holes in the side of our cars as a result.

·
Registered
524 Posts
yeah it was a pain to do but well worth it.

i used a razor blade to get all of the 3mtape off :eek:.

thank god i didnt scratch it, only minor and 3 stages of meguiars took car of it.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
it was a pain for me too, but with alot of time and hurt fingers it all finally came off....

drivers door not totally closed....

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
see that red 93 doesnt look right with out the moudling, look at the front and rear bumpers and the indentions in them , they now look very out of place without the moulding to tie them together

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
yea but its mine and i like it better

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
i figured you like, just stating an opinion

·
Registered
148 Posts
i want to do the side moulding on my 93, and well the exact thing i thought, the moulding on the front and rear bumper. no way to pull that off the bumpers correct???

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
i have mixed feelings aobut this one. i posted a photoshop request in misc... i think it would look good if the silver one were painted above teh top body crease, and below the bottom one... liek a darker shade of silver.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
slidebird91 said:
beautiful, man. hopefully I can get the holes in the side of my car from the cladding welded in soon to smooth it out like yours. I have no idea why ford thought the 96/97 cladding looked good, but so many of us got stuck with it and the holes in the side of our cars as a result.
Ford had the sober realization that yet another front/rear clip restyle wasn't going to cut it for their 7 yr old dated looking coupes that were lagging in sales... They should have already been coming out with the new Tbird / Cougar about then but didn't even have anything on the drawing board yet. (back in 94~95 when they were thinking up new ways to spice it up for '96)

Personally I really didn't like the look of the 96~97 when they came out. I liked the 94-95 styling best. that's come full circle and I think the 94~95 has looked really dated for a long time and I actually like the way the 96~97 looks in comparison. That said there are shining examples of ever body style out there that look good.

re shaving moldings, what works for one car, even the same year/model doesn't always look good on another. It depends what color it is and what else has been done to it. Deciding if it'll look good or not requires some personal taste, you can't just look at someone elses and assume yours will look good too. Well unless their car looks just like yours does.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
razzibird said:
yeah it was a pain to do but well worth it.

i used a razor blade to get all of the 3mtape off :eek:.

thank god i didnt scratch it, only minor and 3 stages of meguiars took car of it.
ever consider goo gone? that would take it right off. leaves an oily residue, but thats washed off easily.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts