TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
i want to do that to my bird...but i'll have to wait until its not a daily driver...don't want the many things that could go wrong. Got any pics 94onair? Thanks

ps. did u get the SIC struts yet? how do you like them? (was it worth the money?)

·
Resident Gun Guru
672 Posts
94ONAIR ........I've been wanting to do this.....was looking at a kit at Summit Racing..............could you tell me where you got yours, cost and any particulars I might need to know about..............I could probably install the kit but would need someone to weld up the doors ..........I was trying to wait til I'm a little closer to getting the new paint job............any info would sure be appreciated....thanks

·
Registered
207 Posts
Make sure that whatever solenoid you use that it comes with a rubber boot for the plunger. The ones in my truck freeze up whenever I wash it. Squirt some wd-40 on 'em and they work again, but removing the door panel is a pain(even if it is only velcro'd on)

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
I had problems with water on my solenoids too. They'd rust internally. I finally got them all freed up and sealed them with a couple of thick balloons over the plungers. It's kind of ghetto, but it works.

Also, don't go with the 35lb ones. You'll need the strength of the heavier units.

·
drag-aholic
1,056 Posts
HERE is my write up I did on my '89. I used the Auto Loc 35Lbs pull solenoids. If you already have an alarm with extra channels then you can buy Autolocs "trunk kit" which is a solenoid button and wire for about $25-$30 use a relay and add the solenoids to the alarm you have. If you use the 50Lbs pull make sure you set the latch up so it maxes out when the solenoid does. people have pulled their latches apart if they aren't set-up right. So I have heard :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts