TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

I wanted to know how to take off that bumper thing on the side of a 95 cougar. Will it leave holes? And, just what all do I need to do to take it off. Let me know!

Corey

·
Registered
52 Posts
As long as the 95's are like the 93's (which I think they are) they are held on by an adhesive strip. There are no holes. It is a real pain but you can either take it off with a heat gun, or a razor blade. Then you can clean the excess off with a pinstripe remover or glue remover (goo gone). It is a pain, but I think it looks better. If the 95's are different than 93's, somebody please correct me.

matt94

·
drag-aholic
1,056 Posts
3M makes a "Strip Removal wheel" it fits in a drill and is similar to an eraser. It will remove the tape and won't hurt the paint. I used it on mine and loaded it out to a friend and he had good resulta on his bird also. You can get them at an automotive paint store.
BAGGEDBIRDS.com

·
Registered
9 Posts
how does that removal tool work that you mentioned, does it just rub off the sticky **** thats left after you pull the molding off.

·
drag-aholic
1,056 Posts
its a about 4" diameter and is a material like the yellowish crumbly erasers. It just basicly rolls the tape off the car into balls. its not fuzzy or a fabric of any sort like a buffer. There is a speed range for it to be used in. They get warm from the friction but it didn't hurt my paint. Be reasonable as far as the heat. I moved around with it. You will use the side of it not the top surface of it. If you don't have the arbor, I'm assuming you don't, the kits are about $25 they sell the wheel by itself also for replacement. they seem to last a long time. I loaned it to another bird and he loved it also. Beats rubbing the skin off your hands :rolleyes:

·
Registered
52 Posts
The one I've used

The one I've used looked exactly like a big round eraser. It didn't have any brushes or flaps, just a big eraser. I wish I had a picture, but I don't.

matt94

·
drag-aholic
1,056 Posts
thats sounds like one matt, its an off-white color and has a black plastic core that is threaded for the arbor and its embedded in the wheel. neat tool.:D

·
drag-aholic
1,056 Posts
i think it would work for tickers. it was really made to remove the pinstriping tape you know the thick upper and thinner lower lines combo that is so common. thats the width of the wheel conviently. i bet it would just spread the tar and contaminate the wheel. but i bet it would work on a sticker.

·
Registered
52 Posts
It does work

I would think it would work on stickers, maybe a small strip at a time. I'll have to agree with Bagged89 on the tar though. It would probably just smear it and make your problems worse.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts