TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i want to now shave my body lines on the sides of my car off before i finally get my car done...what would be the best thing i could use to do this???...i was told by a guy that i could use some kinda body filler bondo??? then he said to drill lil holes along the line and then use a bondo spreader and smear bondo or Jb weld over them...then gring /sand it down smooth??? any better ideas will be great

thanks guys
Jay

PS!...keep in mind i am a CHEAP ***!....soop knows that!...haha:D

·
drag-aholic
1,056 Posts
i can think of 3 ways. the easiest would be to grind it down to the metal with a 35 grit or so to put a nice "tooth" to it for the filler to stick, but i would use a fiberglass reinforced filler. Not just regular filler. the fiberglass will add strength to it and help it againist cracking. Bondo makes one and Evercoat makes one called "Kittyhair" looks like wet cat hair. it mixes like regualr filler. there is also duraglass, not sure who makes that one.

or you could weld a piece over the body line, but the heat would probably warp the crap out of it and they you would have even more work to do. I would avoid it.

i have heard about people using JB weld but never have tried it.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hahaha...or how bout i just be like a "redneck" and get a roll of duck tape and use that??? then i could just paint over it!!!....hahaha j/k :tongue:

Thanks
Jay

1 - 4 of 4 Posts