1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
jim we have a black rag in stock

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Last time I was there the Ford Dealer in Olathe KS. had two sitting on his Show Room floor, (though neither was black).

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
city ford in monmouth,il has a red coupe with white stripes.....their number is (309)734-2121

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
For all the goodies this car got, why not HIDs?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cavy said:
city ford in monmouth,il has a red coupe with white stripes.....their number is (309)734-2121

I searched their inventory and it shows they have a Blue one w/ stripes. They will be getting a call tomorrow.

Thanks,
Jim

·
Illinois Chapter Director
1,787 Posts
My gf's dad has a black with white stripe coupe. I about **** myself when I found out. Jim, you should sell the coupe and the bird and put some money down on the ragtop:)

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Todd, you sure picked the right girl!!!

I almost sold everything off for a loaded Mustang GT but couldn't do it. I get too attached to my cars. Not to mention the rather large inventory of aftermarket parts I have collected for both cars. I just need some time to put everything together and considering I am sitting in a hotel room in California, no work is getting done anytime soon.

-Jim

btw-the serious buyer is my dad, so at least the car would still be in the family. :D Right now he is on the waiting list for a '08. If that doesn't work out, I think he is getting a black 'Vette. :( It is a nice car, but I bleed Ford blue and would like to see him get a Shelby. He feels the same way but does not want to play the games that all the Ford dealers are playing.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
oh jim, we just got in a shelby gt as well, we just sold the rag

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
black, with white stripes, and 50k

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
sorta
32k for the car,
8-10 shelby fee
10 market mark up

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What is the Shelby fee? I thought the mark up was 100% up to the dealer.

This is kind of off topic, but I was checking out the Fords at a local dealer here in California and they had a nice black on black Mustang GT with the 18" chrome bullitts and they marked it up (dealer) $2k. They were closed when I was there, but I wanted to back hand them for marking up a GT this late in the model year.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
if its a stick, they'll get it, some reason sticks were in demand, and the was a supply issue. i hate that they try to get over and beyond. somethign about, shebly gets x dollar for his name to be on those cars , and are actually registered with shebly , unlike the gt500

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Justin, I went back today and looked at that black stang again. It is a California Special with black stripes and a 5-spd. You can barely notice the stripes on it, I think it looks pretty cool. That 2k mark-up doesnt sound so bad now, at least you get something "special".:D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts