TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here is the video..So happy its finally running after spending an hour every couple of months trouble shooting things.

Few Questions if anyone knows.

Is it common to blow the oring out of the air ride compressor.....I think I did it. I was having issues and jumped the compressor to see if it worked. Well little did I know I was pumping without the air bag solenoids being on. I heard a pop....Well I found out why teh compressor wsnt going on by itself...Now it cycles...pumps..But the car does not raise..Anyone?

And this one i think I know the answer to. Anyway changing an oil pan gasket without removing motor?

Video below!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ixLAubV_46M&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ixLAubV_46M&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

·
Registered
635 Posts
And this one i think I know the answer to. Anyway changing an oil pan gasket without removing motor?

QUOTE]

Drop the K member. Its actually not that difficult, on a bird anyway.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Disconnect the shocks, calipers, little bolts that hold the PS lines to k member, disconnect only the PS return line the High press line is long enough and flexable to allow the k member to slide forward enough to be totally out of the way. I held the engine up with a cherry picker and that allowed me to lay the k member on the legs of picker and just slide it forward. Then there is just the 4 bolts that hold the k member up. I believe thats all there was. Oh yea need to pop the upper control arm out of the knucke too. On the mark i would take the shocks off at the lower control arm so you don't have to take off the air line.

I did this on a SC so on second thought the PS lines may be a little different. I'm sure there are some other differnces but it should be fairly simple.

·
Registered
635 Posts
If you have a lift you might be able to just unbolt and let it hang. I did it on my back.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Check it to see if the bags have a hole in them. They are prone to have a small leak and then stay up until you drive them. That seals them, and then when they bump while riding, they will leak. If you bounce the rear of the car (its usually the rears that go) and try it, you may get there. Also, if you check the adjuster that hangs out the rear of the vehicle and make sure it is connected/plugged in.

SWS

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Oh...and how about a build page and some better pix of that thing.

SWS

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Honestly it looks like a stock 93 mark VIII!!!! Once its cleaned up Ill take some better photos.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts