TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my girl back from the shop and the Mk 8 tranny shifts pretty quick with the J-Mod. However, it does not break them loose hitting second in drive...maybe I'll try it manually tomorrow. This is with no lower 1-2 acc. spring, BTW. May re-drill a few holes even if I feel like it, I need to go back in anyway to re-torque bolts so why not, aside from the fact that I will need new gaskets and have to retorque yet again...

Only problems are the engine misses a bit sometimes, and I am getting a code for the Bank 2 Sensor 2 o2 sensor, which is the hardest one to reconnect so I'm figuring the tranny tech didn't get the plug completely plugged in, will check it out tomorrow.

Other than that and the other probs that need attending to like needing new bushings and whatnot, she's doing great. So glad to have her back.:znanner:

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
you probably will have a hard time breaking loose in second with just a j-modded tranny. Add a chip and a good MAF (gutted maf's throw off the transfer function) and breaking the tires loose in second will be second nature.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts