TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got some money lying around and i think i wanna take care of the sluggish stock tranny issue. Ive been checking into the B & M Shift Improver kit, sounds like a good product and is pretty inexpensive. Anybody have any experiance with it, good, bad? and how the transmission runs after installation? On a side note, the car is bone stock

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
...and then they'll wonder why it's broken later.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Silver95Bird said:
...and then they'll wonder why it's broken later.

I think he's talking about me foo :tongue:
Hasn't broke yet, and is still better for me than when I did the Jmod.
Guess we shall see this summer. Gonna be a lot more power/torque going through it.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I put a Bauman in my mark and it's GREAT! There are 5 different levels you can set it to, I put it to 4 and it's very very good. The instructions are top notch and so is the tech support. I had a problem in the middle of the valve body modification. There were two slightly different springs, they rolled around on my take and I didn't know which order they went back in. I called and talked to Greg, he looked up the documentation and gave me an answer. That tech support and extensive knowledge of our trannies is worth the money. What if I made that mistake and had bought another kit and they didn't really know what spring went in first. Where would I be then? Bauman all the way!! PM me if you need their number, I can go look at my kit and give it to you.

·
Registered
709 Posts
what was the part number for the kit you got??

Jake

·
Registered
974 Posts
I don't remember. Just call and tell them what your car is and tell them you want a shift kit or a valve body recalibration kit (same thing!!) and he'll get you what you need.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts