TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so my cars been acting weird lately.

Basically when I go to put it in D from park it seems to go into neutral, sometimes it goes in, sometimes it will catch when I give it some gas.

When I put the car in 1, its 100% fine, same with 2, 100% fine, holds the right gear and does what it should, no slippage.

Does this sound like the shift position sensor has gone bad?

I have had intermittent issues with it wanting to go from 3rd to 4th back to 4th and so on randomly as well.

Its a built 4r70w, never had an issue with it otherwise.

·
Registered
87 Posts
ive had this issue before. deff the sensor. they call it a neutral saftey switch.

heres a part number from standard motor products. NS95.

when replacing make sure you line it up right otherwise reverse lights wont work. happened to me once.. got a ticket for it. quite easy to do. just make sure the car is cold since its right next to the exhaust.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive had this issue before. deff the sensor. they call it a neutral saftey switch.

heres a part number from standard motor products. NS95.

when replacing make sure you line it up right otherwise reverse lights wont work. happened to me once.. got a ticket for it. quite easy to do. just make sure the car is cold since its right next to the exhaust.

Thank you sir, I will be replacing that stupid thing.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, I just switched to a turbo setup and I have a single pipe that runs right by it, maybe that was enough to knock it out completely lol.

Its weird that it will go into 1st and then neutral if I give it too much gas though.

Anyways, Napa wanted like 75 bucks for some no name brand to I called ford and they wanted 85 bucks...

Guess im going with ford.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts