TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'94 ThunderChicken LX V8, 70k (mostly city) miles

A long time ago, my shifter button broke, popped out. I fabricated a little hold-in piece for it and have run on the broken button for years. I know this is a common problem and have collected most/all posts on the issue.

I need a replacement button and maybe a spring. Last time I went to the dealer, they got the wrong button (a '95, I think), close, but no cigar.

What I got will get me around for a bit. Damned thing fails in situations that could get me in trouble, eventually.

Any idea if a button for a '94 is available anywhere? I've been to all the local (St. Louis, MO) junkyards.

Thx,
P

·
Registered
139 Posts
I purchased a non stock stainless shift knob that has a button in the top that works just fine for the park release. Doesn't look too awful bad in the car. Moved the Overdrive switch down to the console next to the shifter, any momentary button works ok.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Aside from expanding your serach to junkyards further out your only other course of action would be to install any momentary switch somewhere in your car. My former employer RadioShack has a few of them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts