TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been having some odd problems.

I replaced the 1-2 accumulator which got rid of one problem( jumping into neutral at high rpm's). But I still have a problem of it sometimes not wanting to shift out of 2nd.

The thought had occured to me to replace the 2-3 accumulator but I just wanted to run this past you guy's

I was wondering what the symptoms of the TPS going bad would have on the tranny, if any, is it an intermittent thing or complete failure?

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
Could be either (intermittent or hard failure). If it was a hard failure she probably wouldn't want to run, or would run very rough. Intermittent failures are harder to catch, if it comes and goes enough the EEC will catch it and set a code.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would or could it have an effect on the shift points like not wanting to shift out of a gear?

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
chunk said:
Would or could it have an effect on the shift points like not wanting to shift out of a gear?
If the accumulator was broken, then yes. If it was the TPS, the car probably wouldn't even stay at an idle state if you put it into gear (at least when my TPS went, it wouldn't) If you want, use a multimeter and test the TPS, it should be around .98 give or take a few.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
where do i put the multimeter to test my tps, at a quick glace it looks hard to get at but i could be wrong. I think my tps is just about gone.....sometimes at idle in gear it almost stalls, how much is a new one??

·
Registered
798 Posts
Have you checked your MLPS? It can cause the transmission to neutral out and shift to 2nd at any time

·
Registered
975 Posts
To check the voltage, just stick the probes through the back of the plug against the wires. You needn't even pull the plug off. This works for a lot of sensors.

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
Chunk,

Since I know you did a trans swap and repinned the connector. Check to make sure that connector is fully seated and all the pins are all the way down. An intermittant connection there can cause the trans to stay in second

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Figured it out just repinned the connector ' the right way' and now it's fine.

Thanks for all your help guy's:cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts