TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyways, just a quick little rant and stuff.
I realize now what my brother meant about realizing who to waste your time on, and who isn't worth it. This lat week, some people have made my **** list and they can kiss my *** if they need anything. It's a shame that even though I'm leaving, they can't even get lunch with me before hand. :rolleyes:

Anyways, I ship off to basic training tomorrow at 1pm. First I go to the MEPS center in STL for another check up. I then get my butt taken to Ft.Leonard Wood Missouri for my basic training. I did my pre-basic task list (PT test, rank structure, bunch of other crap.) today and I don't understand why I was nervous. I annihilated that PT test. Heck, I even turned around and helped the kid behind me that was going infantry.

Anyways, it's a shame my SC is going to be parked in a garage all that time. I think I'm going to miss that, and good music the most. :(

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Congratulations! You've already got what it takes; you showed that going back for the other kid.

·
Super Moderator
12,082 Posts
Fort Lost in the woods! I spent some time there. Get yourself some TK's Pizza!! If they're still around - last I heard they were.

But I haven't been there since 1996 so who knows.

Good Luck and have fun. The Army is a great experience. Lot of history at Ft. Wood that's a really old base.

Thanks for Serving. :usa:

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guess who's back?
Anyways, I'm currently stationed at Ft. Huachuca Arizona.
I'll be on here a little more in the next week or so.
Just one week and the SC should be coming to join me. :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
Welcome to the desert. Congratulations on making it through the tough stuff. I remember it being incredible to get back to listening to my own music and driving again.

·
Super Moderator
12,082 Posts
Congratulations! Welcome back to the World.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey boy, you're in the Army now. Congrats. What does it feel like?
Thanks. It feels good, but I've become much more aware on how many dirtbags there are. It's a sickening feeling when you see them wearing the uniform aswell.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
yup, just because they are in a uniform doesn't make them Mr.Clean at all. I can only to so much in depth research on a person when I put them in. Depends on the actual person.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Welcome to the desert. Nativedetroiter has a point some guys think the uniform hides the person wearing it, it does not. Good luck with the job, anyone start asking about racing against the bird.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome to the desert. Nativedetroiter has a point some guys think the uniform hides the person wearing it, it does not. Good luck with the job, anyone start asking about racing against the bird.
People haven't asked about racing yet, but I've had some people talk crap just because it's a Thunderbird. However, I get a laugh when I pull out the laptop and show them pictures and videos of a run or two I have, and watch how quickly they shut up.

Stationed at Huachuca? Or just there for school?
I'm here for school. Technically I'm permanent party as I'll be here for the next 50wks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts