TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled an SHO cluster from a 97 tbird. Reads up to 150 mph and 8k on the tach.

This fits only a 97 bird. This is exactly as is from someones swap they did on a bird don't know if they looked like this stock but its pretty cool looking.

This is $65 plus shipping through fedex which I think the rates for something like this run $12. If you want to use PP please add $2.50 but I take MO's too from reputable members.

·
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is my very first time running across one of these in person and I searched. This is plug and ploy and can be found through the site if you use the search function. 97 is the only year where this handy dandy upgrade drops right in. Not even the 94-95 scs get an 8k tach so yeah for 97s only. I understand these are hard to come by most of the time. I find the old shos all the time but this wasn't even a SHO just a bird where someone had this swapped in.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I'll take it if your willing to hold on to it for me untill next week. my rpm gauge just went and this would be a fantastic upgrade
48706 zip

·
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes Im willing to hold it for you I have a week of work ahead of me anyway.

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,453 Posts
I'll take it if your willing to hold on to it for me untill next week. my rpm gauge just went and this would be a fantastic upgrade
48706 zip
Also keep in mind the idiot lights don't line up; on the stock cluster they're fuel cutoff, low washer, low coolant, Cruise on, T/A off and O/D off. On the SHO tach they're O/D off, rear lamp out, ABS warning, cruise on, brake warning, oil warning.

·
Registered
433 Posts
ok wait so I can't just swap this in? what do you mean by pods? and the lights not matching up
is a little confusig? all of those you listed don't line up?

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,453 Posts
The tach is a direct swap, but the text/graphics for the idiot lights is different: http://forums.tccoa.com/showpost.php?p=198130&postcount=57

You can solve that with a set of custom gauge faces or you can just memorize which position means what (IE, O/D off would now light up with an oil warning light, low coolant would show up with ABS).

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
On some of them, you can take care of the problem with re-pinning, but others become a problem. I did the 120MPH taurus gauge swap into a 97. It looks so sweet, but factory at the same time.

·
Registered
433 Posts
thanks for the heads up. what's the difficulty on re pinning? fairly easy?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts