TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new to this place I just wanted to see if anyone has had the same problem with their Cougars. I live in Toronto and my Cougar's trunk is rusting a little. The shock absorber towers are totally rusted and cracked. I just wanted to see if you guys could suggest anything to fix this problem. I had a VERY slow leak in the trunk and i think I have spotted it. On both sides of the trunk corners underneath the weather stripping nearest the rear glass, there is a tack weld that water can slowly seep through. I bought some putty and i was just going to seal it up like that. I just made a photo bucket account to share the pictures with you guys. Their high resolution photos so everyone can see whats going on. I don't know if photo bucket automatically down samples pictures or not but i hope their clear enough.

I sprayed rust inhibitor on it for the time being, but i gutted everything out to see what im dealing with here. Im assuming i can cut out the old part and somehow fabricate a new wheel well or something. It doesn't have to be exact or anything

I also put some pics up for fun of the cougar itself.

Please give me your input

The link to my album is
http://s903.photobucket.com/albums/ac234/shadow21212121/Trunk and Suspension/

Thanks
Kyle

1 - 1 of 1 Posts