TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the top removed from the engine compartment, but we couldn't get the bottom bolt out of the LCA, no matter WHAT trick we tried. So I decided to bust out the reciprocating saw and shred sh*t. I think I'm just going to end up getting new LCA's.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Welcome to the club!

Tools needed to remove front Shocks... :)

:ztoohot: :D

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
my 96' has broken springs up front, and the 91' cougar has all four broke.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
I see a trend going here....Canada, Minnesota, Michigan..........

In OK, we just have to take the bolt out easily and I haven't worked on a TBird here yet with a busted coil spring. Maybe you guys need to relocate????;)

·
Registered
364 Posts
yeah, I'm moving to BC :tongue:

·
8,239 Posts
Rich95XR7 said:
I see a trend going here....Canada, Minnesota, Michigan..........

In OK, we just have to take the bolt out easily and I haven't worked on a TBird here yet with a busted coil spring. Maybe you guys need to relocate????;)
Same here, my car is stored 6 months out of the year.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Throw WI into that list rich :) I had the problem with getting the bolt out and i just replaced my shocks and springs and of course i had a spring broken on the front and rear

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
JustinH said:
My car is stored 6 months out of the year.
My car is driven in snow 6 months out of the year.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
I guess I've been spoiled, my car spent the first 7 years of its life in North Carolina, and then I move to Oklahoma, so it hasn't seen much snow. The one blizzard we had in NC in like '99 I think, I didn't even try to get out of the driveway in the Cougar, I automatically drove the truck.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I steal my mom's car when it snows....the only time i like FWD

Rich...if my springs break like that...we have some inspecting to do..as hard as they were, they shouldnt break for anything. :eek:

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Ain't that the truth. As soon as I see my car again, I'm going to cut mine down just a little to get rid of the 4WD look.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Not one of my springs was broke this spring when I replaced them, and they were originals! Also they were treated badly, driving on pot-holed roads and everything.

Not going to comment on my LCA bolts, nothing to brag about there ;).

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Heh My front suspension was easy to rebuild with just normal HAND tools.. non of the springs where broken (even thou i'm now on my 2nd set of drop springs :rolleyes: (the other set is still good but wanted to try something different) and the stock springs where in it for a good 10 years or more??

also the LCA bolts where a cake to take off too :)

only one Pita of a bolt will be a toe adjuster in rear.. when and IF i decided to rebuild my rear suspension

1 - 15 of 15 Posts