TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey eveyone,,, does anyone have any experiance with the monroe sensatrac shocks and struts?? it's time to replace my o.e. stuff and was just curious if anyone is running this stuff?? looking for a more firmer ride than stock..

·
Super Moderator
5,013 Posts
hey eveyone,,, does anyone have any experiance with the monroe sensatrac shocks and struts?? it's time to replace my o.e. stuff and was just curious if anyone is running this stuff?? looking for a more firmer ride than stock..
That may depend on your old springs.

If you've got Sport springs, it'll be softer. If non-sport, I THINK it'll be about the same or marginally firmer (I've got Sport springs, anything else save Eibachs or Vogtland will be softer :diablo: ) but will be easier to swap due to having the coil and the front shock as one set.

Now, for your struts - Only use the Ford dealer bushings for the strut-to-frame rubber, and take your car apart VERY carefully! The ferrules aren't available anymore.

(If you meant the coil-over-shock combo by "strut", well ... sorry, but the advice still holds.)

RwP

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,363 Posts
I haven't ever heard of any 93-95 cars with sport springs (save for the SCs), but yes the Sensa-Trac springs are softer than the sport springs. They're pretty close to stock stiffness.

I've got sensatracs on all fours on both the Cougar and the T-bird and the ride is very civil, not very harsh and not like a Cadillac.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looked up some info on the tokico blues,, i'm leaning towards them.. i'm running suspension techniques springs, dropped 2''..

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i looked em up on autopartswarehouse.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts