TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok....tokiko blue shocks with the addco street sport package.....opinions on this...im looking for the best setup to be run with the stock springs on this car as i feel lowering it does look good but is not what im looking for...so basically im looking for stiff dampeners....i had tokiko shocks on my old bird and they were extreamly stiff and lasted over 80k withoutfalure or problems

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no one has any other ideas on this?..like kyb's vs tokikos....or such?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Well I have Bilsteins with ST lowering springs on my car and love them. timb has Bilsteins on his stock springs on his and loves them. For what I wanted and after consulting many who had different combo's. I decided on the Bilsteins. More money but I am very happy with the choice. timb described the handling of my car after the shocks and springs in my car as "european" Stiff and responsive like driving a sports car. My vote would be Bisteins, but there is a major $$ difference between them and the Tokikos. Good luck with you decison!:)

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I think the major problem with asking for shock advice is that very few people have had multiple kinds of shocks in the same car, so they can say what they like, but can't compare them to other options.

I have Bilsteins and absolutely love them, but I've never had Konis or Tokiko's in the T-Bird to compare them to.

As for bars, what are you looking for. I have been running the stock front bar with the smallest AADCO bar. It's a pretty good matchup, although the front is a little looser than the read, but it's the cheapest way to get a good feel.

I'm in the process of adding a little power to my bird and opted to upgrade to the biggest sway bar. With what I'm gonna end up with power wise, I can't afford to have any body roll at all.

The other thing to consider is launch at the dragstrip, if that is important to you. The stiffer the bars, the slower the launch. The car will not 'set' on the rear suspension as well with the stiffer bars. In my case I opted to give up a bit of launch to keep the car a bit tamer for the street.

But I'm keeping the Bilsteins.... sorry guys they ain't for sale. But the small rear bar will be...

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well im not as worried about the drag strip as you but im probably going with the front and rear swaybar pakcage...i will also brace my chassis like crazy......i want subframe connectors

·
Registered
233 Posts
From what I understand, KYB shocks are a very slight step above OEM with ALL cars. I have only owned a dodge neon, and honda CRX. Such comments have held true for both. Thus is why they are fairly cheap. I had them on my 87 crx, and they were just fine for the driving I was doing. Decently stiff. They never gave me any problems. In fact, I am considering installing them on my 3.8L n/a, until my job situation stabalizes. My car is in need of some suspension help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts