TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard that the stock hood shocks mess up a fiberglass hood (push up on the back and cause 'bad' pressure on it) and that you cant use them, and I've heard you can. I figured yall would know better than anyone. Also, I dont know if all t-bird hoods are like this or not but their not the easiest things to close. You kinda have to learn how to close them or they dont latch on the first try...Anyways, yalls feedback would be great...

Tiff

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Here is a website that people with 'glass hoods might want to look into.

Redline

Maybe you could talk to these guys about frabicating some struts for us. I have heard to be careful with the stock hood struts and 'glass hoods...maybe you just need some worn out stock hood shocks. :D I hope that helps.

Russell

·
Registered
319 Posts
My cervinis has the stock mounting bosses for the shocks, and they are mounted as well. I havent seen and cracking in the 1 1/2 years I've owned it. I dont throw it open or closed either, take care of it and it will take care of you. Im sure cervinis wouldnt have put them there if they knew they would be getting reutrns from their hoods cracking under the pressure.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I've had a design concepts hood for ummmmm 3.5 years now with brand new hood shocks on it. No problems or anything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts