TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this is kinda weird, I'll try to explain it the best I can. I was sitting out on my front porch with my parents earlier, when my dad out of nowhere says "check it out." Up in the sky, there appears to be this shooting star...or whatever the politically correct name for it is. Well, it didn't go away like most do. After a few seconds, I noticed there were actually 4, all kind of together, but not too close together. They weren't moving very quickly...maybe slightly faster than an airplane. The odd thing was that they didn't disappear very quickly either. They lasted for about a minute before we lost sight of them. Whatever it was, it definetely wasn't an airplane. There was a bright spot at the front, then what appeared to be a "tail" behind it. I'm lost as to what this could've been, but maybe someone could give a little insight...?

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
I won't go so far as to call you dumb, but...

What you saw was a UFO. Or four. Not everyday you see one of them, consider yourself lucky. If you look at the sky enough you see all kinds of weird crap.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Well, until someone who knows what they're talking about replies, here's my guess.

It was a big meteor that broke up into 4 pieces. It lasted so long because the pieces were still big, making for a lot of stuff to burn up in the atmosphere. (or they actually hit the ground somewhere before they completely burned up) It looked slow because it was far away.

I don't really buy into the whole alien theory presented by BlackCat94. I mean, why would they want to visit us?:D

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
Black_97_LX said:
I mean, why would they want to visit us?:D
to mutilate our cattle, to make crop circles, etc. etc. hehehehe :D

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
Black_97_LX said:
It was a big meteor that broke up into 4 pieces. It lasted so long because the pieces were still big, making for a lot of stuff to burn up in the atmosphere. (or they actually hit the ground somewhere before they completely burned up) It looked slow because it was far away.
I would lean to this more than anything. Supposedly, there have been an increase in asteroids entering the atmosphere lately. I am not sure of the quality of the source, but there was this the other day: "House-Sized" meteor strikes off Austrailian coast. Also, about a week ago, there was a grapefruit sized meteorite that hit a house in New Zealand. While those have been in the southern hemisphere, it would not be a surprise to have some drift up towards the north.

If you are interested in asteroid studies, check out project LINEAR (Lincoln Near Earth Asteroid Research). LINEAR is located on the White Sands Missle Range (though it says it's in Socorro, NM).

·
Anything But Typical
1,337 Posts
While I do believe, I'm more of Scully than Mulder.

Meteors can do some pretty weird things sometimes. I'm guessing that's what it was.

--Molly

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
66dvlbrd68 said:

If you are interested in asteroid studies, check out project LINEAR (Lincoln Near Earth Asteroid Research). LINEAR is located on the White Sands Missle Range (though it says it's in Socorro, NM).
Hey, thats where I work.......MIT Lincoln Laboratory!

Cool beans, learn something everyday I guess.

·
Registered
552 Posts
The truth is out there

·
Raoul Duke
1,747 Posts
Just because it's a UFO doesn't mean it's an alien craft. It's just unidentified. :D

I'm a big astronomy buff. There was one night where I was using my telescope at a friends farmhouse. The light pollution was very low, and we were out there all night.
I had my red-lense flashlight to see, so my eyes were very well adjusted.
I was laying on the ground and looking straight up... I was trying to see anything, as it had been a slow night for astronomy.
Finally, I saw my first (naked eye) satellite travel across the sky. It was incredible.
Astronomy is so humbling. I suggest you guys get into it if you already aren't. You haven't lived until you've seen the rings of Saturn with your own eyes.
;)

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
Black_97_LX said:
Well, until someone who knows what they're talking about replies, here's my guess.
I was the first one to reply. I know what I'm talking about it. Where did I mention aliens or spacecraft. It was a UFO, Unidentified Flying Object.

I don't really buy into the whole alien theory presented by BlackCat94. I mean, why would they want to visit us?
Why do some people study bugs/snakes/house cats/etc.?? I sure as hell wouldn't want to. You can deny that we've been visited by another lifeform, but I will be here disagreeing. Not that that's what JeffTbird93 saw, however it is very possible.

I guess nobody here believes that it was possible he saw anything besides an asteroid. I live in an area with about ZERO light pollution and I can see several satelites at any given time. I have seen some very cool meteors, and some things that were definately not meteors. I have seen up to 7 military planes flying around here at once too. I have seen some very strange things too, which I have no explanation for.

chorizon said:
to mutilate our cattle
Someone is doing it. Is it a foreign government, our government, or aliens? It certainly isn't a cult. What's the deal with the black helicopter sightings going on before/after cattle mutilations?

·
Registered
927 Posts
BlackCat94 said:

I was the first one to reply. I know what I'm talking about it. Where did I mention aliens or spacecraft. It was a UFO, Unidentified Flying Object.
You're absolutely right, I just replied quickly and lightly. When I saw "UFO", I just assumed you meant aliens. I didn't mean anything by it--I was including myself in those who don't know what they're talking about.

By the way, I have no doubt that there are aliens out there. I'm just skeptical of those people (no one here) who claim to have seen them.

·
AnimeWhore
1,796 Posts
Black_97_LX said:

I don't really buy into the whole alien theory presented by BlackCat94. I mean, why would they want to visit us?:D
He never said alien......he said UFO....that's a pretty general term you know. If you're not 100% certain what it is....technically it's a UFO. :tongue:

edit: damn...I should learn to read the whole thread before I reply... LOL

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
66dvlbrd68 said:

I would lean to this more than anything. Supposedly, there have been an increase in asteroids entering the atmosphere lately. I am not sure of the quality of the source, but there was this the other day: "House-Sized" meteor strikes off Austrailian coast. Also, about a week ago, there was a grapefruit sized meteorite that hit a house in New Zealand. While those have been in the southern hemisphere, it would not be a surprise to have some drift up towards the north.

NERD!!! :D

Anyways, you guys didn't catch the real reason they're here to visit. To take our jobs! Only it turns out they AREN'T from the future, they're just aliens!

·
Stroked and Blown
2,395 Posts
Maybe its a sign indicating that the worse is yet to happen. Did you know the bible only goes to the year 2006?? That is when the bible supposingly ends, and also that dude Astradominous only predicted up until around 2006. I think if this world ends, it certainly won't be caused by nuclear wars, i thing a natural phenominah will wipe us out as it did the dinosaurs. The only way to stop and asteroid from destroying us is to launch nucs at it to break it up kind of like Armagedon. Maybe thats what were saving our nucs for. If this is the case, we have about 2 years left everyone.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts