TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Saturday I will be heading up to RV Performance to dyno tune my car on the SCT dyno. I will be spraying my car for the first time. I have taken all the steps , upgraded the fuel system and made sure I have all the important parts for my system. I am slightly nervous about what might happen, but I think once I spray it , if it doesnt blow up then I will prolley be much more relaxed, but right now I am very nervous about whats gonna happen. Well wish me luck guys and If I can get someone to post up my video form the dyno I will. So far I have the following stuff

30Lb injectors
255 Fuel pump
.036 gapped plugs
SCT 8 mode Chip
Bottle Warmer
Purge kit
and Zex pressure gauge

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
As long as the tuner pulls some timing and drops your A/F down a bit you should be fine. Mine was first shot on the rollers and it wasn't even me who got to do it...It is pretty cool though. Just cross your fingers and hope you don't have to push the car off the dyno :D

Joe

·
8,239 Posts
don't worry, i might know where to find you another motor :)

Just kiddin bud, if that fuel filter has more than 10k on it, then put another one on there. Other than that I wouldn't worry too much.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fuel filter is pretty much brand new. Just got to figure out why my car keeps pulling the od flash when I put the SCT in and not when I have my old chip in, Allen said it might be the epc solinoid but I would think it would happen with both chips.

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
dont even worry about it. nitrous is given a bad wrap sometimes because of idiots who dont take the neccessary precautions and end up blowing there cars up . but it can be just as safe as anything else. looks like u got all the needed fuel upgrades so you should be fine. your gonna love all the torque you pick up from the juice.

Frank

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how many shots do you guys get out of a bottle?

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Lazania said:
how many shots do you guys get out of a bottle?
depends how big of a shot you are running. on a 75 shot a 10 lb. bottle lasted me a while if i didnt purge any of it away.

Frank

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im spraying a 125 shot, the guy told me about 5 runs which doesnt seem like alot

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had to cancle and go next week, because I have to replace my EPC solinoid. I cant wait to see :)

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, tomarro morning Im gonna head out and should get to the dyno around 8:00am. Im hoping everything goes ok, Ill let you guys know how it all turns out. where gonna start with a 75 shot and go up from there.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just got back from the Dyno, Good news and Bad. The good I didnt blow my engine, I picked up 20HP extra N\A. I also got the car tuned with the nitrous. The bad news is My 02 sensors are shot and I need new ones. Apparently they have been bad , but I thought it was something else and when I got down there we started with a NA run and made 220RWHP after a little tweaking we got around 230. Next we went and put a 75 hp jet in and shot it three times, we tweaked it a little but seemed to not break more than 260 at the wheels. The dyno showed it was spinning right pff the dyno up to where the converter locks up so it was hard to get a good reading. Then we took the spark plugs out b\c they where gapped to .054 and we regapped them to .32, .

Now This is where it started getting wierd, I only made 1 more HP with the 100 shot, and we kept looking at the air fuel ratio and as we shot it more and more the car became more and more rich and was making less and less HP to the point where it made less HP than it was N\A. So we made another pass NA to see if it was the nitrous or the 02 sensors and it again dropped off down to 10.5 11.5 ratio where as we where at 12.5 all the way threw. My check engine light is on and it sais bank 1 bank 2 rich condition so I am assuming the 02's are shot they are original with about 125,000 on them. So we decided to stop for now and Rick told me to change the 02's and I can run the nitrous with no problems we where luckly able to tune the car enough with the 75 shot and work from there to run 100 on it. I decided to stick with 100 to be safe , I have a video if you would like to see maybe I can post it up. if anyone who is very knowlegable and would like to give me there input on any other reason this car is running to rich please feel free, but I can be almost certain its the 02's b\c the light flashing, Rick told me that he things they are not switching fast enough b\c they are old and the 30lb injectors are too much for them for the condition they are in. If anyone would also like to sell me or mail me there 100HP jets I need the set I send me a pm thanks :)

·
Registered
798 Posts
Must be happy that the engine didn't blow up. But hey, unlike the ricers around here it looks like you did it the right way.

I keep hearing stories about the 02 sensors going out but have yet to change mine. (155,000miles)

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
are you running nitrous?

·
Registered
798 Posts
As of right now, no. Before my brother joined the Army and sold me the car, he ran it for about 2 months. That I know of he sprayed it with 75shot ateast 5 times. The only reason he took it out is because Nos is illegal around here.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
I am going to call BS on their diagnosis of the O2's being the problem.
First of all at WOT the O2's are not even in play. The computer only pays attention to the O2's in closed loop and the car should be in open loop at WOT. Now, a stock tune will use adaptive for WOT, but the SCT stuff doesn't use it the same way. ANY SCT tuner should know this.
Second, why aren't they locking the converter up in 3rd gear BEFORE they start the pull?
I would like to know a few things as well.
What kind of nitrous system are you running?
What kind of dyno are they running because your numbers seem a little low?
How new are the plugs and what type are they?
I would be concerned if I were you.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
What was the bottle pressure at? A Zex 75 shot should have atleast gotte you around 60hp and around 90ftlb of torque.
Also curious about how it would be spinning off the dyno. I wouldn't think that that is near enough power to spin.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts