TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i got myself a pair of scp's short sway bar links. so today i got to change the old ones out. now it takes me oh maybe five minutes to get the stockers off. then i go to put the new ones on and i was unable to get both sides on. i had to even use a old bushing that was flatened out due to the fact that there wasn't enough meat on the sway bar link to put the nut ontop. so basically wtf am i doing wrong:confused:. i set them up as such going from top to bottom

nut ontop
washer
bushing
sway bar
bushing
washer
spacer
washer
bushing
lca
bushing
washer
main bolt that everything is mounted onto.

i managed to get one on using an older flattened bushing but then was unable to get the one on the other side due to the angle that the sway bar sat at. not to mention when i jacked the car up it looked like it was going to snap the bolt in half because the sway bar was pulling it at an angle.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
A trick I used on my energy suspension end links was to remove the last bushing and tighten one side down with just the washer and nut as tight as I could than I installed the opposite side like normal unbolted the tight side and reinstalled the bushing give that a shot if it makes sense

1 - 2 of 2 Posts