TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a set of Ford Racing shorty headers that are listed for 1996-02 4.6L Cobra DOHC, does anyone know for sure if they fit the 1998 Mark 4.6L DOHC.

·
Super Moderator
7,669 Posts
They will bolt up to the motor, but they won't fit in the MN12 chassis.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply MadMickey, that saves me some aggravation, I guess they can't clear a crossmember or some other obstactle, what setup do you have on your swap?

·
Super Moderator
7,669 Posts
The main obstacle is the steering shaft. You may run into other issues with the crossmember, or the floor, or the shock towers, as mustangs have more room in all those areas, but you won't know that until you get them installed and you can see what clears and what doesn't, but the steering shaft is the main problem, and the only way around that is to do the steering shaft mod, which some people don't like because it gets rid of the collapsible steering column, which could cause injury in a severe accident.

My car still has the stock MarkVIII exhaust manifolds on it. The only other option that is a direct bolt-on are the Kooks 3/4 lengths. Years ago a company named ART made real long-tubes for the MarkVIII, but they haven't been in production for probably about 10 years now, and good luck finding a used set.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts