TCCoA Forums banner

should I be worried about the edges on this hood

4K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  Optimus Prime 
#1 ·
I saw this hood on craigslist and am tepted to go for it but the edges on the underside worry me a little with the yellow showing. I have never bought a fiberglass hood so I am not very knowledgable. I know it is for a mustang but I have always valued the opinions and advice I have gotten here.

http://spacecoast.craigslist.org/pts/4316134176.html

#2 ·
Its probably just the gelcoat worn off, probably from being in the box rubbing against something. Looks brand new like its never been installed though. As long as there are no cracks, it shouldnt be a big deal especially if its going to be painted anyways.

Cervinis makes a very nice quality hood, they fit great on every car I have installed one onto.

#4 ·
Yes. Any fiberglass hood, you should always run hood pins. Fiberglass flexes more than steel, and with the amount of damage it does if the hood comes up as you're driving down the highway, there is simply no good reason not to have some kind of hood pin. If you are worried about the aesthetics of it, get the aerocatch hood pins.

#7 ·
Maybe, maybe not. Depends on how well it fits and how good the latch area is built.

Below is an example of what happens when one lets go...

Here is a post by THNDRN1 regarding his hood sans pins....

"Yep it Happened to me...The latch gave out at 80mph in heavy traffic on the interstate. What a ride! Pulled ino the median and amazingly was able to shut the hood and it latched like notin ever happened and then I drove home! Couldnt really see but it saved me 60 bucks for a tow. It busted my dash, winshield, roof, hood, and hood shocks!"

#12 ·
Aerocatch pins ftw!

Reactions: Woodman
#22 ·
Where did you get those Headlights with the inner bezel painted silver? I know a certain silver 05 vert that would look bad ass with those.

#19 ·
I always wondered why (well, I know why, $$) Ford didn't body color those inner headlight sections like that, the 05-09s were the purest form of the whole retro era and that was the one part I felt they completely missed the boat on. The black gave the front end a sad frown, it turned me off that generation from day one, yours looks a million times sexier from that detail alone!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.