TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i was wondering I got a 2.70 super charger pulley and wanted to know if stock injectors are ok or if I should get larger ones and if so what size

·
Super Moderator
7,515 Posts
On an 89-93, stock injectors are maxed out from the factory.

·
Super Moderator
4,925 Posts
Why bother? Plan on a tune and blow on up to 50 pound or larger injectors - and quick futzing around in the 30 to 36 pound range.

94/95 injectors help, but going from almost maxed at 30# to 36# doesn't buy much give.

RwP

·
Super Moderator
7,515 Posts
Agreed with Ralph. Any larger injectors require a tune anyway, so there is no reason not to go larger.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
I can get u brand new 60 pretty cheap

·
Super Moderator
4,925 Posts
For the SC? I'd head over to SCCoA.COM and check the forums - especially David Dalke's posts - for a good source of both.

Disclaimer: I've not used him for either, but his customers seem to be very, VERY satisfied. And he's of the class that if he says it works, it works. If it doesn't, there's something ELSE hinky going on (like the old "water in the carburator" type error.)

RwP

·
Super Moderator
7,515 Posts
It really depends what your goals with the car are, and how much money you have to spend on it. I would go for at least 50# injectors, but the price difference between 50s, 60s, and 80s really isn't much, so if there is any chance that you'll want to go further than some minor bolt-ons with it, might as well buy the bigger injectors now. RobertP posted that he can get 60# injectors pretty cheap, so I would say send him a PM to find out how much. I will also give another nod to Dave Dalke, AKA XR7Dave on SCCoA forums. I have bought some of his products, and plan on buying more in the future. He is extremely knowledgable when it comes to SCs, and as Ralph said, if he says it, you can take it to the bank. No matter what you do with the car though, you will need a way to adjust the tune. Don't buy in to the "calibrated MAF" way of dealing with larger injectors, since that throws a bunch of other tables off, and tune issues are both much more noticable and much more critical on a supercharged car. If you are going to only do certain mods, then be done with it, then you can just have someone like XR7Dave burn a chip for your car, but if you are going to be changing things as you go, then you will need to have a way to adjust the tune yourself, which means you will need a dedicated tuning laptop, a quarterhorse, binary editor, a wide-band O2 sensor, and a whole bunch of time to mess around with it and figure out what you are doing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It really depends what your goals with the car are, and how much money you have to spend on it. I would go for at least 50# injectors, but the price difference between 50s, 60s, and 80s really isn't much, so if there is any chance that you'll want to go further than some minor bolt-ons with it, might as well buy the bigger injectors now. RobertP posted that he can get 60# injectors pretty cheap, so I would say send him a PM to find out how much. I will also give another nod to Dave Dalke, AKA XR7Dave on SCCoA forums. I have bought some of his products, and plan on buying more in the future. He is extremely knowledgable when it comes to SCs, and as Ralph said, if he says it, you can take it to the bank. No matter what you do with the car though, you will need a way to adjust the tune. Don't buy in to the "calibrated MAF" way of dealing with larger injectors, since that throws a bunch of other tables off, and tune issues are both much more noticable and much more critical on a supercharged car. If you are going to only do certain mods, then be done with it, then you can just have someone like XR7Dave burn a chip for your car, but if you are going to be changing things as you go, then you will need to have a way to adjust the tune yourself, which means you will need a dedicated tuning laptop, a quarterhorse, binary editor, a wide-band O2 sensor, and a whole bunch of time to mess around with it and figure out what you are doing.
Thanks for all the info I will certainly look into all that...... and my plan with the car is to run the smaller pulley and maybe a shift kit not much firther than that tho because this is my daily driver so it still needs to be practical

·
Super Moderator
7,515 Posts
If the car is an auto, and you are depending on it to be a daily driver, I would get that trans taken care of first. I know some people on here have luck with them, but as far as I am concerned, the AOD is a piece of garbage transmission in stock form, and even when built up and modded it is finicky. Personally, if that were my car, I would convert it to either a 5-speed or a 4R70W before doing any performance mods to the engine, or at the very least, get a trans built by someone who knows what they are doing and will guarantee it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts