TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving down the street in my cougar and this guy pulls up to me in a 99+ mustang that's all hopped up. Anyways He lives just off of the street we were on so I drop back and follow him to his house to see what that 'stang has done to it. Well that plan fell to crap when I noticed he had a black supercoupe settting in his driveway. Being an MN12 guy my attention was all over it. Well it turns out that he's moving and needs to get rid of the car. It's got a blown headgasket. but it's a SC'd 5speed with flows. I'm not sure what year it was. How many miles. All he said was $800...hmm. I'm not upto date on 3.8's but what's the newest 3.8 I could drop in there with the sc sitting on top. Also would it be easier to do a complete motor swap or mess with changing the head gaskets?. I did my exploder swap by myself no problems....

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
head gasket's are not hard to change even if you have a small mechanical background. I'd just do the head gasket's and drive it!!!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd like to talk the guy down..really just wave like $700 in front of his face. get it. and put no more than $300 back into. for another quick ride for $1000..that'd be sweet wouldn't it. good running 5speed sc for $1000..

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
try it I'm sure it won't hurt!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
That's a deal.

Hell, if the interior is in good condition, you could part it out and almost break even.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
parts for head gaskets is only 100 bucks or so. Plus all fluids. Give him 700 and see what he says, thats a good deal. Then you can just drive it until it's dead if you want, and get your moneys worth easily.
-Thomas

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
goldish tan? like a pearl? wouldnt that be a 94-95?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts