TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i am putting a new 4.6 in.. and i was thinking the current exhaust setup might not be good for the new engine.. The last owner took all the mufflers off and replaced it with a pipe and put chrome tips on it.. It sounds great, but will this be good for the new engine? will it kill the power? I just bought a dynomax system for my dads 95 and he said it gave him tons of power, but its quiet.. i want the system to sound great and keep power...

Any suggestions? Will the current setup be ok for a while?

·
Registered
202 Posts
yes it will work but it would be easer to change your headers when you got the motor out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
It really depends on what type of engine you're putting in..is it a stock replacement? or are you replacing w/ an engine that's been built up? If you are planning on putting headers on, get Kooks and do it now. From the stock set-up to Dynomax, you're not getting much of a noticable power increase, maybe a few free'd hp. If you want sound, go with Magnaflow, my personal choice or Flomaster. In the end, if you're not looking at spending extra money, the current setup will be fine and be more aggressive dynomax.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It really depends on what type of engine you're putting in..is it a stock replacement? or are you replacing w/ an engine that's been built up? If you are planning on putting headers on, get Kooks and do it now. From the stock set-up to Dynomax, you're not getting much of a noticable power increase, maybe a few free'd hp. If you want sound, go with Magnaflow, my personal choice or Flomaster. In the end, if you're not looking at spending extra money, the current setup will be fine and be more aggressive dynomax.
Thanks Bro.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts