TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I just acquired a 1990 35th ann. The pictures I was sent don't Show the Blue pin stripe on a Black Car.
Does this mean the car was Repainted or Repaired??

Should I keep as original as Possible? or mod to my likings?

If I mod will I loose Value??

·
Registered
197 Posts
I've asked myself that question with my 25th... as you may know mine is green, has the special wheels, and green carpet. I'd like to paint the car two tone, black (bottom) and gun metal (top) with a red pin stripe and change the carpet for beige...

But these cars don't have any real street value, yet are worth $7900 in mint condition in collectors pricing books (what ever that means?). Not only that but in 92, only 5000 samples of the 25th were made so it makes my car even more special. I know there aren't many 1992 5.0L Cougars on the streets (not in my area). I'm going to stick with the stock green when I get the car repainted and leave all the 25th markings and badges - mostly to keep a stock "factory" look.

I say do what you want with it. I'm going with the stock look to remain a sleeper'ish look, not to try and gain any value. The only difference is going to be the hood (as I'm going to get the mach1 style hood from SCP) and 17" wheels. Of course when it comes to classic car value, a matching paint job is only part of the equation. My car will be worth less due to the engine mods, and whatnot...

But if you do change the color, make sure to do it right by painting all the hidden areas. There's nothing worse than popping a hood and seeing a red engine bay and a different color body. imo, of course.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts