TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I am toying with the idea of putting these rims on my 1995. I have the original tire size, do you think this would work? Should I do it? The 5 star rims would be something different. The rims can also be bought very cheaply (not that it is an issue, but its a bonus).

Thumbs up or down to this idea?

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Some of the other Toreass and Sable wheels look like nice, and something I would like to see on my 89, but those aren't them. There are some 7 spoke machined ones that look nicer than the 7 sport Sports I have on it now.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, bad idea then. My buddy said "Whats next? Converting the Thunderbird to FWD????!"

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
The 96 up SHO wheels look pretty good. I thing the FWD offsets are not right for our cars.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Ew no I think I just threw up in my mouth.

and Two I think the offset is different.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
They fit just fine, I think they are the same specs as the MN12 15 and 16 inch wheels, width, offset, BP, and center bore. I had a set of 15s but since I upgraded the brakes I couldn't use them. If there were the 16 inch machined aluminum sable wheels, I would be sporting those on the 89, or once the PBR brakes go on it any of the million of available Taurus/sable wheels at the used wheel places and JYs.

·
Registered
962 Posts

I am toying with the idea of putting these rims on my 1995. I have the original tire size, do you think this would work? Should I do it? The 5 star rims would be something different. The rims can also be bought very cheaply (not that it is an issue, but its a bonus).

Thumbs up or down to this idea?
Dude, put what you like on your car. Some of the humanoids think if it aint cobra r it aint right.

If you do go that route see if the T-bird centers would fit or paint them to spice 'em up.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
I don't think I would do it, since I have fan blades sitting in my garage right now, but its your car bro. I think going to a bigger rim would be better than just getting something cheaper and the same size.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
He asked if he should, and asked for thumbs up or down.

COULD he? I think the answer is yes
SHOULD he? I think the answer is no. They are plain looking wheels and other than better than the original ones on my 89 Cougar, I don't see them being a big step up from anything but steel wheels with hub caps unless the ones they would be replacing are in horrible shape.

I think that something like

would be an upgrade,

or

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Hubswap it and find some cheap oem 05+GT wheels. You can find complete sets with low milage tires for under 300 on craigs list and ebay. The second anybody buys a 05+GT they upgrade the wheels they look awesome on the mn12

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
The 96 up SHO wheels look pretty good. I thing the FWD offsets are not right for our cars.
We have "FWD" offsets from the factory.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts