TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i was looking at this bird for a couple months now, its a dark green with tan interior. It has the 5.0 in it and new UCA's with ball joints. The only thing i dont like about it is the dash, and the interior color. Now my 94 needs new suspension, a paint job, new cats,EGR, and thats bout it. The 94 also has 162,112k on it and the 93 has 83k on it. The owner wants $2500 cash or he said he will trade straight up for it. I have 8 months to save up $2500 or i can trade straight up next friday. Which one should i go with? Isnt the 5.0 a little worse on gas? any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Sorry but something sounds fishy. He is willing to trade you straight up for a car with almost double the mileage, and needs front end work, exhaust work and paint.

I say NO! That is to good to be true.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Sorry but something sounds fishy. He is willing to trade you straight up for a car with almost double the mileage, and needs front end work, exhaust work and paint.

I say NO! That is to good to be true.
+1 ask him for a test drive and drive the **** out of it. see if anything falls off or is its even runnin right. who knows.. maybe he just wants a new project car.. or maybe hes just dumb.. either way ask him for a test drive :thumbsup:

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
+1 ask him for a test drive and drive the **** out of it. see if anything falls off or is its even runnin right. who knows.. maybe he just wants a new project car.. or maybe hes just dumb.. either way ask him for a test drive :thumbsup:
i forgot to add that the 93 needs a battery and a starter. He is going to use the 94 for a cruiser/back up car, the front end he can do himself because he drives a maxima daily, and he just wants the 93 gone.

and yes i am going to test the car before i buy it

·
Super Moderator
12,082 Posts
well i was looking at this bird for a couple months now, its a dark green with tan interior. It has the 5.0 in it and new UCA's with ball joints. The only thing i dont like about it is the dash, and the interior color. Now my 94 needs new suspension, a paint job, new cats,EGR, and thats bout it. The 94 also has 162,112k on it and the 93 has 83k on it. The owner wants $2500 cash or he said he will trade straight up for it. I have 8 months to save up $2500 or i can trade straight up next friday. Which one should i go with? Isnt the 5.0 a little worse on gas? any input is appreciated.
Save up the $2,500 and spend that on fixing your car up. $2,500 is more than enough to totally rebuild your suspension with performance parts. I know, I did my suspension for less than that.

I don't care if the '93 has fewer miles and a 5.0. The '94 with the new modular 4.6 is a superior car with a superior engine. Hell, you can buy decent used '94's and '95's around here for $2,500 If you really want to replace your car keep looking for a clean 94 or 95.

If you're not happy with the dash or interior color then don't get it! Run, don't walk away from that car and don't look back.

Just my .02¢

·
Registered
59 Posts
keep your 94 and invest in it instead of someone else's head ache. I fought the same battle with my 91-keep it and fix it or sell it for a mustang. well, i kept my bird and I love it!

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
Save up the $2,500 and spend that on fixing your car up. $2,500 is more than enough to totally rebuild your suspension with performance parts. I know, I did my suspension for less than that.

I don't care if the '93 has fewer miles and a 5.0. The '94 with the new modular 4.6 is a superior car with a superior engine. Hell, you can buy decent used '94's and '95's around here for $2,500 If you really want to replace your car keep looking for a clean 94 or 95.

If you're not happy with the dash or interior color then don't get it! Run, don't walk away from that car and don't look back.

Just my .02¢
all i have to say is my ass! your so full of it if you think a 94-95 4.6 is in any form better than a 5.0 , besides those 1st year 4r70w's were not better than a decent aod.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
allright im having mixed emotions about my decision now. Im leaning more towards the 93 now, because its an overall better car. the paint is really good all it needs is a wash and a good clay bar. Allright ill list all of the things i can about the 93 and my car.

The 93:

has 83k
has new UCA's
it needs a battery
needs a starter
interior needs to cleaned
needs some basic maintnence like,oil change,spark plugs,fuel filter ect.
BUT THE 93 HAS SAT FOR ABOUT 1 YEAR. im gonna put some seafoam in the tank and new gas and see if will run.

the 94:
needs new front end
needs a tranny fluid change
needs new rotors and pads
it has new tires on it...i bought em about 2 weeks ago
the cats are bieng changed right now in my highschool auto shop
the EGR has been changed for a new one
still needs a paint job.

I talked to the guy again today and he said he want the 94 because he's looking to actually paint the car himself because he's getting into painting cars. He also said he can do the front end himself.

Im defianatley leaning more towards the 93.

·
Super Moderator
7,527 Posts
Go for the 93! The 5.0s are a little worse on gas than the 4.6, but they can still do 26mpg on the highway, so they aren't bad. Stock for stock, the 5.0 is slower than the 4.6, but that's mostly due to the crappy gear ratios in the AOD. Just like the 4.6, the 5.0 will run forever if you take care of it. Unlike the 94/95 4.6, the valve guides actually last in the 5.0 so you won't have to worry about it burning oil as it gets older. As for the interior, I personally prefer the older style interior, but I think I'm the only one.

Basically, either car can be made nice, and with some mods, they will be pretty even in terms of speed, but it sounds like the 93 is in much better shape than your 94, so it's probably a better place to start. Oh, and keep in mind, the starter on a 5.0 is an easy half-hour job, compared to the 1.5hrs spent cursing every ford engineer while changing the starter on a 4.6.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Oh, and keep in mind, the starter on a 5.0 is an easy half-hour job, compared to the 1.5hrs spent cursing every ford engineer while changing the starter on a 4.6.
having to do that this morning on my 4.6... ill second that lil fact..

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
mikey i like the early interior better as well, i think it feels better to the driver, the only reason i did the 94+ on the 92 was i couldnt find the parts needed to repair it , btw i have a set of nice grey leather door panels for a early cat (93)

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
that said go for the 93

·
Registered
386 Posts
another vote for the 93....in my view, the 5.0 mn12's are not THAT common like 4.6 mn12's.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts