• NO!

Votes: 16 18.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wanting one on mine for a while, but now when I look at ones with spoilers I think "maybe I'll just leave mine without one". What do you think. If you want tp post pictures to prove your point feel free :)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Only because they were a factory option on some years... However, since my decklid already has holes all over it, I opted for a Taurus low profile spoiler with a brake light in it.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
i say it's up to the owner. there is no yes or no answer. but i dig miki's spoiler, and the drift guy's NASCAR spoiler

·
smoothed and filled red pearl 94
631 Posts
i think 94 and up birds look much better without a spoiler. get rid of that keyhole and ford badge... now were talking! want a picture?

-John

·
Super Moderator
9,187 Posts
Anything other than the stock spoiler or one similar in size would look funny. I've seen MN12s around without them and they look funny to me.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Taurus SHO spoiler FTW.

The car should have come with it.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Uh, I'd beg to differ. I'm not a fan of SHO spoilers on thunderbirds. I don't think they go with the car at all. Not wide enough.

·
On Probation
2,019 Posts
I just think that the car looks much cleaner without a spoiler. A factory one is ok. I had a new trunk lid put on with out a spoiler and I also had the thunderbird script and the ford badge eliminated at the same time.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I love my factory spoiler, looks too plain w/o it. Get that from people all the time, they always say that the ones they see w/o the spoiler don't look near as sporty. Spoiler and window tint make em look so much better. Imho

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
I am torn on this...on my 96, I had no spoiler, and I liked it that way. I'd say it depends on the car, on a cougar, I don't think any spoiler really looks good...I don't like the stock "sport" style spoiler that came with them...I love the SHO spoiler, and I have to say, that gets more comments than anything else I've done to the car.

I have been noticing SHO's with the same spoiler as I have, and I have come to the conclusion that the SHO spoiler looks more at home and natural on a thunderbird than it does on a SHO...

·
Super Moderator
16,828 Posts
No to tbirds, and No to cougars EXCEPT 96/7's. The trunklid is too flat compared to the rest of the body on the 96/7's, the factory spoiler really helps add some curvature to it.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Spoiler - Yes

Wing - No

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
mine is considered after market. I know a few others here have it on their SCs but mine is the only non-sc to have one. I liked it because its subtle and matches that gen 1 SC rear bumper cover really damn well.

the car doesnt look this good anymore the clear is fried on it. this was the last pic where the car looked awesome. Now the car looks kinda sorry being 3 colors. I have a plan with this cars exterior, its a WIP now LOL. The car will be repainted with a gen 1 sc body kit in the stock green color with the spoiler redone in green. I think this is the best spoiler n body kit combo out there in terms of style and quality and price. Its cheap, durable, and "goes with the car" pretty well. Its not offending to anyone, everyone digs this spoiler whenever some one mentions there take on it.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts