TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before (all pretty!):

I guess you shouldn't spin it quite that fast too many times!

·
Administrator
14,484 Posts
Cool pix. Thanks for sharing.

What? No video of the actual explosion?!

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A C4 with a blow-proof bellhousing? How'd the trans fare? Yours?

Which reminds me...this would be a perfect contribution for a "The Broken Parts Thread". :D
We have one of those don't we?
No, stolen from a racer on another forum that was telling about it ;)

I just thought y'all would find it entertaining!

The driver was not injured, btw, thanks to the bellhousing! I don't know how the tranny fared, I was too awed at the torque converter!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Dayum lol. Even Burned the color off it!

·
Administrator
14,484 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
i got the 9.5' DD billet piston converter from DD, What rpms are safe for that one? lol
No you have something a bit different, yours is a cover I built myself. Final rpm limit is higher on yours than anything else I offer, partly because it weighs so much less. This transmission is only good to about 7200 tops so my concerns for any of these units with the billet cover isn't much. I have never seen one of the billet covers I use balloon. The custom built cover is what is also in Oscars setup and we modified the crap out of that transmission to push the 7200 rpm limit. I am more concerned with the sun shell flaring out than the converter ballooning.

I don't have faith in the ford 10 inch cores above about 7000 rpms no matter what is done with them, the 8 inch/9inch core is the best for high rpm. Nice carnage, neal chance unit?
Alan

·
Registered
839 Posts
No you have something a bit different, yours is a cover I built myself. Final rpm limit is higher on yours than anything else I offer, partly because it weighs so much less. This transmission is only good to about 7200 tops so my concerns for any of these units with the billet cover isn't much. I have never seen one of the billet covers I use balloon.
Alan
Dayum 7200 is pretty high lol, so maybe i should keep it at the 6000-6500 range huh?

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No you have something a bit different, yours is a cover I built myself. Final rpm limit is higher on yours than anything else I offer, partly because it weighs so much less. This transmission is only good to about 7200 tops so my concerns for any of these units with the billet cover isn't much. I have never seen one of the billet covers I use balloon. The custom built cover is what is also in Oscars setup and we modified the crap out of that transmission to push the 7200 rpm limit. I am more concerned with the sun shell flaring out than the converter ballooning.

I don't have faith in the ford 10 inch cores above about 7000 rpms no matter what is done with them, the 8 inch/9inch core is the best for high rpm. Nice carnage, neal chance unit?
Alan
Are you saying that the 4R70W should not be revved pass 7K? That they are not dependable after 7200?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.