TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any idea what causes a shudder when going from P ro R and R to D...no other known problems? Whats the fix?

·
Registered
571 Posts
I had a problem simlar. When I would go from p to r, it would hesitate before it would go into gear and it would jerk. You might want to have your tranny checked. If your having shifting problems then thats a definate possibility. If it is your tranny you have caught it early and the repair cost won't be that bad. DON'T WAIT to get it checked. I waited and I blew a seal and all my tranny fluid leaked out and I burned my tranny up. It cost me $1400 to rebuild. Start first by checking you transmission fluid and if it's just the slightest bit low, get it to the shop! If there is a lot gone then add some and get it to the shop. If you run your car with very little tranny fluid in it, it will burn up your clutches inside in just a 10 min drive. Believe me I know. T-Bird trannys are a hassle and can have a lot of problems. Don't wait. Get it checked ASAP and you could save yourself hundreds. Good Luck and keep us updated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts