TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bird is making a very flat note for the horn. I can't seem to find anything that looks like a typical horn. There are two electical devices in front of the radiator with arrowns on top pointing forward. Could this be them? Anyone else have this problem and what have you done as a OEM horn replacement?

Thanks
Bluethunder

·
Registered
364 Posts
I think you might be looking at the airbag sensors.. ?

The horns are at the front of the car slightly to the right, right behind the bumper...Looking at you car though the air dam hole at the powersteering "cooler". its to the left and kinda.. back and up inside the bumper a bit.....

..got it..? lol

·
Registered
975 Posts
I got tired of the weak electric horns that basically say, "Excuse me," so I bought dual airhorns from O'Reilly. Now when I honk, I get my message across.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help and I learned something new. Air bag sensors. Wimpy sounds from a cool car just doesn't cut it.

·
Registered
975 Posts
GreenBird said:
I have a 120Db horn somewhere.
Awesome! I think mine are 112 dB.

·
Registered
798 Posts
what about a train horn? i bet if you could get one off a real train somehow that would really be loud. I'm sure i have seen one on ebay before.

·
5w30 Guzzler
1,462 Posts
Green95LX said:
what about a train horn? i bet if you could get one off a real train somehow that would really be loud. I'm sure i have seen one on ebay before.
Don't think that's possible. A lot of larger horns have their own compressed air tank.

One of my horns went out, of course it was the lower frequency horn. So it sounds wussy as heck with just a high pitched one. The opened up the lower tone and it was all rusted out.

How much do nice, loud horns cost?

·
Registered
364 Posts
google it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts