TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the exhaust on the mustangs that comes down the sides,of course i would have to change my xenon rear valance for an sc one get rid of the ex. ports of my gfx. What would be a good tip to use? I was thinking the triangular camaro tips would be cool. Blaze

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
HELL YEAH!

you've got a thunderbird tatto too!!! Mine has blue flames above it now, I need to take a new picture of it.

Earl

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fuel lines

I knew on the passenger side it would tricky to do, but it sure would be cool if you could pull it off. Bz

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RE: Hell Yeah

I think finally, I have found someone who understands me!LOL, I have had my tat since Nov,4,99, just 2 days before I got maried. You should have seen my wife's expresiin on our honeymoon night, lol. She wasnt mad tho, as long as i never do it again,hehe. Yeah, take another pic of yours and let everyone see it, Blazz

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
there was a white one with a body kit and side pipes at a track session a while ago. youd have to get into the old forum archives to dig that up though. i think it was a mid-atlantic event, check with AndyR and ShadowDragon

·
Automatic Weapon
1,219 Posts
There is a guy in NC that has a white 97 and he put side exhaust on it. That is the only performance mod he has on the car actually. He cut out the side skirts for the exhaust to poke out. It looks nice but doesn't really sound all that impressive. Joel hates it. We met the guy in Mooresville at the track and then Joel, Mike and I past by him on the way back from Robert's house the last time we went out there. Perhaps if he gutted the cat it would sound better, I dunno. I think KevinM has a pic of that Bird going down the track.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
side exhaust

I wasnt wanting it in order to have a different sounding exhaust, I just know those on the mustangs look cool and I would like to have seen what they would have made for our cars if they werent dicontinued after 97. I'll never undrstand ford's decision on that.I mean, there are still monte carlos, and grand prix's, and intrepids. As far as Nascar goes, hte taurus hasnt just blew the tbird away w/ innovations. But I am glad they made them while they did. Blazz

·
Registered
726 Posts
THe mn12's weren't selling. The midsize, v8, rwd platform had become less and less popular. It does seem to be coming back in style however. The mn12s were somehow casted out as "granny" and "family" type cars. How such a notion came about, one can only guess.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
WhiteBird101 said:
The mn12s were somehow casted out as "granny" and "family" type cars. How such a notion came about, one can only guess.
seems like nowadays a car has to be small, uncomfortable and slow in order to get attention from potential buyers and young kids.

i found a mint SC for sale for $4000 and recommended it to a friend of mine. i gave him all the options it had, told him about every little bit of the car that made it better than almost every car on the road. a week later he spent 4500 on a 95 two door civic with a lowering kit and catback exhaust. his excuse: "it picks up chicks"

i may not impress every girl i drive by in my bird, but the ones that actually do notice end up appreciating it. those are the kinds of girls that i like to keep around for a while.

·
Registered
726 Posts
J-rob...
I know what your saying. When i first started going out with my current gf, see thought all the farting ricer cars were really cool. I taught her somethings, and now she admits that they really do look stupid. In fact, i had her proudly wearing a ricecop t-shirt that i had bought! She went to a k-mart that happened to be by a ricer-frequinted "speed" shop. She said the looks she got were absoultly hilarious.

And wolfgang...
I don't agree with the "family car" or "granny car" thing either. I don't know exactly where that came from, but my guess is it originated from the "sports car" loving magazines (such as car& driver, road & track, etc)

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Here is that shot of the 'Bird with the side exhaust going down the track...

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
my parents bought the tbird originally in 1990 as a family car. and it was used like on until about 1997 when we had two other cars (a minivan and jimmy) then i got the car and its going to be anything but a family car. i think the car can be two-faced. its not bad for driving the kids around,for they are the only ones that can really fit in the back seat, but its a got a big trunk. we took 5 people to florida and back about 3 times in that car (we went about every other year). i like to call it a family car with some balls. -greg

·
Registered
246 Posts
I know why it is called a granny car...

The main reason these cars got that reputation is a good thing not a bad thing.... Grandma and grandpa grew up in the era of the first T-birds and when Ford released the newew ones like ours they reckognized a beautiful blend of style, comfort and power that has been missing since those days......just look back to the boxes that were on the road in the 70's and 80's.
Face it....."gramps" may be old but he grew up in the golden age of the automobile, so when an "old fart" compliments my Bird I proudly smile, say thanks and often talk to him about the "good ol' days"

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
cars were definitly better early 70s and earlier.... what would i give for a 69 cobra, or gt500, or an old zephyr, or a gto, or a.... this could go on. i wouldn't trade my bird bird for them (cept maybe the zephyr), but i certianly wouldn't turn back any offered to me if i could afford it. id rather pay for an old muscle car then get a free 2003 cobra, or zo6, or pretty much anything made now for that matter. i think id be the only 17 year old to say this. -greg

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
No Glowing Escape, you're not. I'm barely 18 but I agree with you. Plus, have you noticed that you get more respect from everyone on the road and get lots of heads turned when you have a badass fully restored 60s muscle car? I got to ride an a frame-up restored genuine 1968 Shelby GT500 one in snow white with black accents and stripes. Two separate cars nearly rearended people because they were too busy checking us out. One of the cars was a riced out Accord and the other was a late model Z28.

Everyone loves a genuine American Icon. And there's not a person here that can't tell me an old Mustang isn't an American Icon. They're a large part of our history. And the true muscle cars like the GM A-Bodies (GTO, Cutlass 442, Chevelle, and Buick GS Stage 1 455) are another symbol of America. Only in America can you buy a car that weighs 4000lbs and with a few bucks can outrun some of Europe's and Japan's finest in the 1/4 :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts