TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody put the tips coming out each side behind the rear tires. I was just thinking of how sweet real side exhaust would be but how hard also and i thought it would look nice behind too. Any one got pics?

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I thought about that before I got the tips I did. lol Actually, I thought about the downturned, side exiting twin tips like the 77-78 Trans Am's had.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
i think it would look purty good too if you used the flat z28 style tips mounted to where they follow the bottom of the rear bumper cover. and with some midmounted muffs it should sound purty tuff.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
well it might look sweet using like 3" stock pipe look have it go like 45 degree from diff to right behind the tires and cut the pipe so the opening is parallel to the body. i was thinking on doing this. im thinking on goin 2.5 in all the way and then 3" at the diff to the back. just stock looking 3" gaping holes....big holes means business :)

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
This is what I was talking about:

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
well i was't goin 3" the whole way, just after the diff in the back

·
Super Moderator
7,669 Posts
Traveler said:
This is what I was talking about:

Stop that! Your making me miss my 79 firebird formula that I had!

Mike

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
3 inch duals would be way huge

well im only thinking 3" frm diff back, so its like a long 3" tip lol. from the heads to the diff would be 2.5"

·
Registered
71 Posts
I had a 2000 Mustang GT with the Borla dual side exhaust( in front of rear tires) And it was awesome! enough clearance for everything too.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sniper Dave said:
I had a 2000 Mustang GT with the Borla dual side exhaust( in front of rear tires) And it was awesome! enough clearance for everything too.
That dosnt help any, i hear that t-birds do have clearance issues with side exhaust in front of the tires.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I would try and get under an Impala or a Caprice, and see how they do it..........compare clearances and hanger locations, and that'll give you an idea. Their mufflers mount in the middle ala Mustang, so you would be comparing apples to apples (sort of) if you went with a mid-mound DI/DO

JC

1 - 16 of 16 Posts