TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a clunk in the rear (specifically the drivers side rear). It clunks around turns and I have yet to get under the car and do the proper inspections, but...

When I turn to the right, it'll clunk. If I make another right turn, nothing will happen. But as soon as I make a left, it clunks again. Then if I make another left, nothing will happen, but as soon as I make a right, it clunks. It's a side to side thing.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
175 Posts
I was just about to post about something like this with mine. It will do something like that, but only when I corner hard. If I corner at normal driving speed, it won't do it. I'm thinking possibly a loose RSB?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, mine used to do it only under hard cornering, but now it has gotten worse. It's probably time to check it out.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anybody?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just about to post similar question about my 97. Under hard accelerate in straight line or left turn, I feel bump/thunk on left side in the rear. I'm wondering if a rubber spring mount has worn. I was also leaning toward bushing in control arm or cv joint.

At speed, there is no vibration, shimmying, or any other odd sound.

David

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Luckily, I know my problem isn't the CV joint. Everything there looks fine. I was thinking bushing too...but still stumped.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just as long as something doesn't break when I'm running in traffic trying to get home. Out of control at 80 in this traffic could be messy.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I had something similar a few years back, I had 3 broken springs. good excuse to drop it. :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have actually thought it might be spring related. A while back when I replaced the rear springs, I re-used the rubber mounts (or whatever you call them). One of the left rears looked pretty bad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts