TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!I just bought an 86 Turbo coupe,and the side window weatherstripping(the piece of rubber that rubs the window as it goes down)is all brittle and cracking.does any one know how to replace the rubber,and is there any aftermarket companies that make it.I'm sorry I can't explain the piece better,but I'm not sure what to call it.Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
251 Posts
i havent tried taking any tbirds trim off but on most others u just need to sorta pinch on it and pull up maybe rock it back and forth to wedge it out, i had to use a flathead and pry slightly but it came up and this was on a nissan hardbody.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
I know on the mn12 there is a bolt on the inside of the door, you take that out and than the strip slides back. Might be the same for a fox, not sure.

·
Registered
708 Posts
part is called a belt molding. theres an inner and outer. call a dealership and ask if theyre avaliable. shouldnt be more than 30-40 bux.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
modbird said:
part is called a belt molding. theres an inner and outer. call a dealership and ask if theyre avaliable. shouldnt be more than 30-40 bux.
go down to the ford parts forum here on tccoa and ask dan or jason to get you a price. no need to get raped at the dealership if you dont need to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts