TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all... quick delimma... =)

Some jerk stole my sideview mirrors (power) off my 97 tbird (not the entire assembly, just the mirrors)...

I have a buddy w/ an 89 Cougar that has sideview mirrors (power) that SEEM exactly the same as the ones on my bird...

I want to know how to remove the mirrors (not the assembly, just the mirrors) from his cougar, and put them on my bird, hopefully still being able to use the power mirrors option on my bird...

My main concern is not to damage the mirrors on the coug, not the simple logic of uninstalling and re-installing a mirror...

Thanks in advance,
~Doug

·
Real Ultimate Goatse Hunter
850 Posts
Heres how I removed one of mine. Have your girlfriend drive your car down a highway with construction. She will hit a cone with the mirror assembly and the mirrr will pop out. :mad:

Cyntax said:
Hey all... quick delimma... =)

Some jerk stole my sideview mirrors (power) off my 97 tbird (not the entire assembly, just the mirrors)...

I have a buddy w/ an 89 Cougar that has sideview mirrors (power) that SEEM exactly the same as the ones on my bird...

I want to know how to remove the mirrors (not the assembly, just the mirrors) from his cougar, and put them on my bird, hopefully still being able to use the power mirrors option on my bird...

My main concern is not to damage the mirrors on the coug, not the simple logic of uninstalling and re-installing a mirror...

Thanks in advance,
~Doug

·
Registered
249 Posts
I was drunk and let a friend drive, he found the only other car on a four lane road at 2am. Maybe I shoulda drove. :zbeer: :zbeer:

:zbash:

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Mine just dropped off when the passenger door was slammed...

reminds me, anyone know what kind of adhesive is used to stick the mirror to the black plastic piece behind it?

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,917 Posts
From a Ford Service Manual CD

Glass, Outside Mirror

Removal

1. Push inner edge of outside rear view mirror glass into housing.

2. Grip outer edge of outside rear view mirror glass and pull out until glass snaps out of mirror assembly.

Installation

1. Line up locking tabs of the outside rear view mirror glass to the housing as shown.

2. Firmly push glass into place with the palm of the hand until it locks in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts